*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have been desperate to get this review up because I didn’t think I was going to like this foundation, because it’s a powder, but the opposite happened and I’m really enjoying it. Not least because it’s a powder with SPF30 which makes protection top ups super easy. Also, it glows! Here’s the lowdown on the brand new La Mer Soft Moisture Powder Foundation SPF 30.
The strapline for this foundation is “Quick-touch, buildable coverage with a fresh, luminous finish”. Personally, I tend to always opt for liquid or cream foundations. As someone within the ‘mature’ skin category, the idea of a powder foundation can be a tad terrifying. However, being a fan of La Mer’s Soft Cream and Soft Lotion, I was drawn in by the Soft Moisture title.
What is La Mer Soft Moisture Powder Foundation?
- Powder foundatoin that captures the freshness of a liquid foundation
- Creamy texture in a light-as-air weightless powder
- Long-wearing, non-drying formula
- Waterproof and transfer-proof
- Melts onto skin to blur imperfections
- Softens the look of fine lines and evens out tone
- Refills available for the compact
- Formulated Without Parabens, Phthlates, Sulfites
- Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.1% , Titanium Dioxide 6.0%
- Lime Tea Concentrate helps fight the appearance of environmental damage
- Miracle Broth supports skin’s natural renewal and helps help reduce the look of irritation
- Soft Sea Ferment with Tidal Algae helps skin retain hydration
- Available in 12 shades*
La Mer Soft Moisture Powder Foundation Swatches
I have four of the shades to show you – 02 Ecru, 03 Fair, 11 Blossom and 21 Rose:
The powders have a lovely creamy, silky texture, so by swatch stage, I was starting to come around to this idea of a powder foundation. Especially because the packaging is just so gorgeous.
Before & After Photos
So this was the really interesting part, because I never really expect a powder to look that great as a skin base. But I absolutely love this soft, yet super luminous, velvety finish. I chose shade 02 Ecru.
And here it is with just a touch of bronzer to warm it up and add shape to my complexion.
It feels so light on the skin that it’s like you are wearing nothing at all. And I could even use quite a bit under my eyes to lighten and brighten, without it sinking into any of my lines. Amazing.
There are two sides to the sponge – one is soft and velvety for a sheerer finish, and the other one is textured for more coverage. I used a mix of both – you will probably need to play around with it.
When I used it the next day, I applied the foundation with a fluffy brush and that also worked really well. I find this foundation super flattering on the skin. It softly perfects and is really long lasting thanks to its waterproof and transfer-proof formulation.
Also, I love how easy it is to top up during the day, along with the fact that when you top up coverage, you are also topping up your all important sun protection. I am ALL about that!
La Mer Radiant SkinTint with the Soft Moisture Powder Foundation
I recently reviewed the extremely gorgeous La Mer Radiant SkinTint (blog post here), and as I was testing it out, I wonder what kind of a pairing these two products would make.
I absolutely love the Skintint on it’s own, it is perfectly dewy and glowy, but I wanted to see how well the Soft Moisture Powder Foundation would enhance the coverage for days when I want an even more flawless look. The answer is: fabulously. It makes the skin look absolutely amazing.
Here’s a layer of the Skintint in shade Light, with the shade Ecru Soft Moisture Powder foundation over the top. I love this look – keep reading for the rest of the makeup details. The Skintint beneath adds a boost of dewiness to the skin as well as an even more flawless finish.
If you want to be even more boujee when it comes to your base, double up on the La Mer!!
- La Mer Radiant Skintint in Light 22* – review here
- La Mer Soft Moisture Powder Foundation in Ecru*
- Iconic London Ultimate Bronzing Powder in Medium (review)
- Chantecaille Radiance Chic Cheek & Hightlighter Duo in Coral* – review here (more shades)
- Urban Decay Inked Brow in Brunette Betty*
- Guerlain Mad Eyes Mascara* – review here
- Charlotte Tilbury Wedding Belles Lipstick* – review here
Where to buy La Mer Soft Moisture Powder Foundation SPF 30
The Powder Foundation is available for £95 at:
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.