*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Elemis have launched something that all the glow getters out there will not be able to resist!! Check out the brand new Elemis Superfood Glow Priming Moisturiser, also known as the Kombucha Glow Moisturiser. I have been testing it out and I have all the information you need along with before and after photos. Enjoy!!
So this is kind of a makeup and skincare hybrid, although it is most definitely more skincare than makeup in the most delightful balance possible. Let me tell you all about it.
UPDATE 14th July
Now available at Space NK* but selling fast!
What is Elemis Superfood Glow Priming Moisturiser?
This new ‘glotion’ is also called the Kombucha Glow Moisturiser, an alias that made me love this product more before I even got it on my skin!
- Designed to impart a soft, lit-from-within glow
- Illuminating prebiotic-infused moisturiser
- Versatile and universally formula
- Hydrates, nourishes and brightens the skin
- Blurs imperfections
- Blend of Kombucha & Fermented Ginger extracts to boost radiance & improves look of skin texture
- Nourishing Green Tea Seed Oil & an active Prebiotic help soften & balance the skin
- Formulated to layers perfectly under any existing makeup or skincare routines
- Free from Sulfates, Artificial Colorus, Artificial Fragrances, Parabens & Mineral Oils
How to Use the Elemis Kombucha Glow Moisturiser
What’s extra exciting about this gorgeous product is that it is super versatile. You can use it all over the face and wear it alone on no makeup days for a beautiful dewy glow.
You can layer it under your foundation as a primer, or place it on to the high points of your face as a highlighter. It’s probably the most skincare-packed highlighter you could use! How enticing is that?? The highlighter that just keeps giving. Obsessed!!
- KOMBUCHA: Rich in vitamins and organic acids, this fermented black tea has been shown to reveal a more glowing complexion
- FERMENTED GREEN TEA SEED OIL: Fermented oil is known to be better at helping to re-enforce the skin’s moisture barrier and will be more resistant to environmental aggressors than the unfermented oil
- FERMENTED GINGER: Valued for thousands of years for its rich antioxidant properties, which help to deliver brighter-looking skin
- ILLUMINATING MINERALS: These micro minerals sit on the surface of the skin to catch and reflect light, delivering a dewy glow and helping to blur imperfections
Before & After Photos
It is a beautiful texture that sinks effortlessly into the skin with a super comfortable feel. The glow is instant. You can leave it there, add a touch on concealer, or go in with full, flawless makeup and get a really good helping of extra glow.
It makes a beautifully hydrated and smooth base for makeup, and with the blurring technology, you are already half way there to flawlessness.
Here it is applied on bare skin:
And here is a very light layer of the La Mer Radiant SkinTint applied over the top (read the review here):
It amps up that glow beautifully. I am also really keen to try mixing it into foundations to enhance the finish. I will let you know how I go with that. But basically, I’m obsessed with this.
It is the perfect glowy primer and it is absolutely packed with serious skincare ingredients. All the fermented ingredients and pre-biotics are set to be a big focus in skincare and skin health.
Where to buy the Elemis Superfood Glow Priming Moisturiser
Also, while you’re here, check out the latest Pro-Collagen launch, the Energising Gel Cleanser.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.