*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
This is the news that leagues of Drunk Elephant fans have been waiting for! We finally have the Drunk Elephant TLC Sakuri Babyfacial UK Launch and I have the date here. Yes we are getting it too!! Hooray!
This is really big news because when the cult brand launched in the UK back in 2018, it was a bittersweet moment because fan-favourite product, exfoliating glow powerhouse Babyfacial, wasn’t included in the launch! We weren’t really sure we’d ever get it, so this is very exciting indeed!
When is the Drunk Elephant TLC Sakuri Babyfacial UK Launch?
In case you missed my earlier news, they’ll also be launching NEW Sweet Biome Fermented Sake Spray (£35) the same day!
What is Drunk Elephant TLC Sakuri Babyfacial?
I have always made a trip to Sephora in the US to get my hands on this glow getter, but in case you have never managed to try this product before, here is the lowdown.
- Babyfacial is a pro-quality AHA/BHA “facial” that resurfaces to reveal clearer skin
- Improves tone and texture
- Boosts radiance
- Minimies the look of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Contains 25% AHA/2% BHA
- Uses a blend of glycolic, tartaric, lactic, citric, and salicylic acids
- Includes chickpea flour, pumpkin ferment
- Features a soothing antioxidant blend of matcha tea, milk thistle, and apple
- Formulated at an ideal pH of 3.5 with a blend of acids that work together synergistically to ensure higher efficacy without redness & sensitisation
- 25% AHA Blend of Glycolic + (T) Tartaric, (L) Lactic, and (C) Citric Acids – Exfoliates surface dead skin cells and revs up surface turnover to smooth and brighten the appearance of skin.
- 2% Salicylic Acid (BHA) – Penetrates and exfoliates inside pore walls as well as on the surface of the skin, unclogging pores, and providing greater skin clarity while also soothing redness.
- Chick Pea Flour – Balances and brightens skin’s appearance while combating dullness
- Matcha (Green Tea Leaf), Milk Thistle, and Apple Extracts – With potent antioxidant and anti-pollution properties, these extracts help condition and soothe skin
- Pumpkin Ferment Extract – A rich source of fatty acids and antioxidant carotenoids (like carotene and lutein), plus naturally occurring enzymes that aid in gentle exfoliation
- Pomegranate Extract – Potent antioxidant properties defend against pollution, free radicals, and other damaging environmental stressors
- Cactus Extract – Calms and soothes redness and sensitivity that results from exposure to topical AHAs
- Passionfruit Seed Oil – Has antioxidant properties, improves dryness and reduces redness
- Virgin Marula Oil – This super-absorbable oil, high in critical antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9, helps moisturise, nourish, and rejuvenate skin for a youthful glow
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) – improve signs of ageing (fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness) as well as uneven tone and texture
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer – With a smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid, this ingredient is able to deeply penetrate skin, delivering excellent hydration and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting firmness
How to Use Babyfacial
This exfoliator has be designed to be used once per week. You simply apply an even layer to clean, dry skin. If you are new to Babyfacial, start by leaving the product on 10 minutes and gradually work your way up to the full 20-minute time.
After you have let it work, rinse away with with lukewarm water and pat dry. Follow immediately with Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil for best results. Drunk Elephant suggest using T.L.C. Framboos as nightly maintenance and and Babyfacial as a weekly deep cleanse.
I love a bit of Babyfacial and I am so pleased it is finally going to be available here in the UK! It gives skin a gorgeous tingle when applied and I love to reach for this is if my skin is feeling congested or it’s looking dull.
It has a really lovely creamy texture that was definitely a very pleasant surprise the first time I used it. It feels really soft and nourishing which counteracts the tingly feel, so it is never uncomfortable.
It gives the skin a brilliant deep clean, melts away dead skin cells and leaves my skin super smooth, glowing and plump! My pores always look and feel really clear straight after I have used it, and everything looks brighter and more even. It does make my skin a little flushed, especially if I haven’t used it in a while, and I’d definitely recommend limiting how long you leave it on the skin if you’re at all sensitive or prone to redness.
I think the new Sweet Biome Mist is perfect to use straight after Babyfacial to put all the essential lipids and hydration back into the skin post-exfoliation.
I love how my skincare products sink in after using Babyfacial. Everything seems more effective and can really penetrate and work to their maximum efficacy. Love it. I’m delighted it’s here, as I have run out of the one I last bought in the US and I have no idea when I will next be making the trip!
Is the UK Babyfacial Formula the Same as the US?
The answer to this is a glorious YES! I think this is going to make everyone even more excited for the Drunk Elephant TLC Sakuri Babyfacial UK launch!!
The only different recommendation really is to start on a shorter time to leave it on the skin and work up to 20 minutes if this suits you.
How Much is Drunk Elephant TLC Sakuri Babyfacial UK?
Please let me know if for you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.