*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
New Dunk Elephant product alert!! There’s a brand new mist and it has a lot going on! Here’s the low down on the Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome Fermented Sake Spray.
I am a big fan of skincare mists, so I was super excited to try this out. Drunk Elephant are calling this a ‘boozy biome builder’ and I was instantly attracted!! Having looked at the ingredients, it is a barrier strengthening dream, so if your skin is reacting to the cold, or suffering with any inflammation, this might be interesting for you.
What is Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome?
- Face mist designed to support and replenish a healthy microbiome
- Works to mimic the components that keep your acid mantle strong and balanced
- Uses a blend of vital amino and fatty acids, electrolytes, and ceramides
- Formulated with fermented sake extract, kombucha, and hops
- Powerful electrolytes—coconut water and sodium PCA—provide potent antioxidant protection and hydration
- Natural minerals zinc, copper, and calcium gluconate help reduce redness and promote healthy collagen production
- Ceramides, vitamin F, and essential amino acids keep skin soft, flexible, and moisturised
- Helps to defend skin against pollution, blue light, and UV-generated environmental free radicals and irritants
- Formulated at an ideal pH of 4.5.
- Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate – yeast derived from fermented sake, dense with nutrients (amino acids, antioxidants) defends against free radical damage, strengthens the skin barrier, and reduces redness
- Sodium PCA – powerful electrolyte with potent antioxidant benefits & identical to the form naturally present in skin. It helps maintain hydration levels in skin, strengthens the barrier and reduces environmental dehydration
- Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment (kombucha) – loaded with polyphenols to restore the barrier and deliver antioxidant benefits
- Coconut Water – rich source of electrolytes with lightweight moisturizing properties
- Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract – herb belonging to the hemp family of plants is used for its antioxidant and skin soothing properties
- Zinc Gluconate – salt mineral of zinc oxide and gluconic acid has anti-redness benefits and powerful antioxidant properties
- Copper Gluconate – salt mineral of copper and gluconic acid with potent antioxidant properties and the potential to encourage healthy collagen production and defend against collagen loss
- Calcium Gluconate – salt mineral of calcium and gluconic acid is used for its hydration and antioxidant benefits
- 3-Ceramide Blend – derived from plant sources, ceramides AP, EOP, and NP are identical to the wax-like moisturising ceramides that occur naturally in skin. They help to soothe and maintain the moisture balance of skin, protect against water loss and help fill in the spaces between skin cells to improve elasticity and strengthen the barrier
- Vitamin F – soothing fatty acids maintain hydration levels, improve skin texture and suppleness, reduce inflammation and improve acid mantle strength
- Multi-Amino-Acid Blend – mix of quick-absorbing amino acids soothe, strengthen and moisturises skin.
How to Use Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome Fermented Sake Spray
So you can use this mist in a few different ways. All you need to do is make sure you shake it up, and then you can mist it on whenever you feel you need to recharge your skin. It has primarily been designed for use on a clean, dry face before you apply your skincare, but you can pretty much use it any time you want to refresh your complexion.
My Review of Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome
I have only had Sweet Biome a few days but I am really enjoying it so far. It is really soothing and refreshing and like all Drunk Elephant products, has no added fragrance. You can, however, smell the ingredients which have that Kombucha-type smell. It gives the skin a nice glow and adds a light yet perceptible layer of hydration.
Ideal to use straight after cleansing to boost hydration and calm, balance and soothe the skin. It’s gorgeous to leave damp and apply your serum straight on top to really lock in hydration. It’s also perfect after an acid toner to neutralise, calm the skin and put all the essential lipids and hydration back into the skin post-exfoliation.
I have also really liked using this over makeup to set and make any powders look less powdery, and also it’s ideal any time skin is feeling a little dehydrated or lack lustre. It’s not the finest of mists, but it is light enough not to disturb makeup. Three pumps is enough to rehydrate and give a good glow. If you over-apply, it could leave skin a tiny bit tacky, so don’t go wild.
If you love a mist, I think you will really enjoy this product.
When & Where Does Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome Launch in the UK?
Please let me know if for you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.