*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Exciting! The Ordinary are launching cleansers! In the words of brand founder, Brandon Truaxe, they are set to launch “many cleansers”, which is even more exciting! After putting makeup on, taking it off is my favourite thing to do! The Ordinary Cleanser Range will include one with Salicylic Acid 2 % & Activated Charcoal, one with Azaleic Acid and also a range of oil cleansers which includes Squalane.
So I hope Brandon isn’t going to kill me for using screenshots from his Instagram video over on the Deciem channel, but they are literally the only assets available and I couldn’t wait to write about these exciting new launches. Please note that the products you see Brandon with are lab samples and definitely not final packaging.
Apparently The Ordinary Cleanser collection will start to drop in a couple of months time, but I imagine that Deciem will get The Ordinary Suncare launched first before they focus on the cleansers. And by the way, it looks like Suncare could be very soon!!
The Ordinary Cleanser Range
So Brandon has promised MANY cleansers which I am so excited about, but here are the one that have been mentioned so far:
- Salicylic Acid 2% & Activated Charcoal – for use as a mask and can be applied and massaged into clean skin and left for 3 to 10 minutes. This cleanser promises to be great for pores because the Salicylic Acid will open up the pores. Brandon says that Salicylic Acid actually goes inside the pores and is one of his favourite acids
- 10% Salicylic Acid – launching in the US only because the US laws for rinse-off salicylic acid products are more lenient
- 10% Azaleic Acid Solution Cleanser – will help with redness and many other skin concerns
- Squalane Oil Based Cleanser Gel
- A range of other oil cleansers
So that’s all we know so far, but it’s really exciting. It’s practically impossible to keep up with what Deciem is doing and that’s what I love about that company! If ever I feel a bit demotivated, I just have to look to them for inspiration.
The Ordinary Cleanser collection will hopefully start to drop in August or September 2018 and I literally cannot wait, but it could be longer because those lab samples look pretty fresh!
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.