*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have been testing out the brand new Summer Fridays Soft Reset AHA Exfoliating Solution and have the lowdown for you here. Enjoy!
Summer Fridays is a super cool brand. They started with masks and were an instant hit! The latest launch takes us into every skincare junkie’s favourite territory, acids!!
What is Summer Fridays Soft Reset?
- Powerful three-in-one nighttime treatment
- Exfoliates, brightens skin and reduces the appearance of pores
- Formulated with a concentrated solution of 16% AHAs
- Promotes natural cell turnover
- Lifts away dead skin
- Smooths & refines skin’s texture
- Uses humectants to attract moisture and plump fine lines
- Natural botanical extracts comfort and soothe the skin
- Clears skin for optimal absorbtion of skincare products
Soft Reset Key Ingredients
This exfoliating solution has a cocktail of ingredients designed to get skin glowing quickly! It has a concentration of 16% AHAs.
- LACTIC ACID – plant-derived alpha hydroxy acid that helps smooth the look of fine lines, reduces visible signs of ageing and works to hydrate the skin
- NIACINAMIDE – water-soluble form of vitamin B3 helps clarify and refine skin’s texture, minimise the look of pores and deliver a smoother, more even-toned appearance
- GLYCOLIC ACID powerful AHA that works to retexturise, efoliate and brighten the skin to help visibly diminish fine lines and discoloration while keeping pores clear
How to Use It?
After cleansing, (Summer Fridays suggest using their Super Amino Gel Cleanser – review here), apply Soft Reset using a cotton pad. Simply wipe it over the skin, avoiding the eye area, allow it to absorb and then follow with your other skincare. It is designed for nightly use, but if you have senstive skin, or already use other actives in your regime, you may want to go slowly.
I have been getting on really well with Soft Reset. A little word of caution: the first time I used it, I applied quite a generous amount and let it sink in for about 10 minutes before I went on to my serums etc. I think this was a little too long direct acid exposure for my first use, as it is a pretty potent blend.
It caused some redness around my nose and mouth which was ever so slightly uncomfortable. The redness was completely gone by the morning, so I wasn’t at all concerned, but I wanted to flag it just in case you have sensitive skin. The times I have used it since, I have used less product, and left it only a minute before continuing with my skincare.
When I use it like this, I have no redness. I just wake up with soft, smooth and plumped up skin. It’s lovely. If you like something fairly strong, you will love this because it certainly packs a punch. I think a couple of times a week will do the trick. Especially if you don’t think you can tolerate nightly use at first.
Where to buy Summer Fridays Soft Reset AHA Exfoliating Solution
The new exfoliator is £49 and it is available now at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.