*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
It’s great to get your nails done professionally, but sometimes money and time doesn’t allow it. Here are our top tips on how to paint your nails like a pro!
1. Use a base coat – it protects your nails from staining, creates a smooth base for colour and helps polish grip
2. Apply colour in 4 strokes – middle, left side, right side and finally along the tip. Sealing the tip is the best way to avoid chips
This is how nail guru and brand owner Deborah Lippmann does it!
3. Always apply 2 coats. The first one lays down the base colour, the 2nd gives you the true shade
4. Let your nails dry properly between coats and always finish with a top coat
5. Clean up your mistakes with a fine nail brush or an old, clean nail polish brush dipped in remover. Splodges are what give the DIY game away the most!
See our low-down on the Models Own Nail Art Tool Kit
This season we love matching our lips to our nails too. Check out all the latest products in The ReallyRee Beauty Blog.
If you liked this post and want to read more like it, please subscribe & CLICK HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.