*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I talked about these new gel effect polishes from OPI in my new Beauty News video and so I thought I had better get some information up here for you pronto! I am very excited about this new launch. Here’s the low-down on OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System.
So we are looking at a 3 step system which includes a base coat, colour coat and glossy top coat. Here’s how it all works.
OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System Features
- No need for LED-light curing
- Easy removal with regular nail polish
- 30 new classic crème finish shades
- Lasts up to 10 days
- Super shiny finish
OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System – 3 Steps
- You start off with one coat of the OPI Infinite Shine Primer Base Coat. This prevents staining and increases lacquer durability.
- You then apply 2 thin even coats of your chosen OPI Infinite Shine Lacquer. I went for the gorgeous orange shade No Stopping Me Now. They are richly pigmented and deliver vivid colour.
- Lastly you finish a top coat of the OPI Infinite Shine Gloss. This is where the technology really kicks in. It used a state of the art gel polymer formula that cures in natural light. Clever!!
And that is it!! I am currently on day 6 and no chips to report yet, although I have broken a nail…in the same place as always! So frustrating. It’s like it’s a scar! If anyone has any suggestions of how to deal with this recurring problem, please do get in touch. I’m @ReallyRee on twitter.
I’ll will update on progress when I can. I have a pinky nude shade, You Can Count On It, on my toes. I’ll spare you the foot selfie!
OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System launches 1st April 2015 and will be available from selected stores and salons. All the components are £13.95, and also the base and top coats are available as a duo for £19.95. Find OPI HERE.
Update: Day 7 and I am going for a colour change. My left hand is perfect but my right has a broken nail which has made the polish start peeling and some wear on the tips on 2 of the nails. Next time I will try capping the ends. That will probably do the trick. I could wear this for longer but I need a change!!
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.