*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
When I heard that NARS were launching a brand new concealer it made me extremely excited because I love the things that this brand does with skin. I really like Sheer Glow, All Day Luminous and also the Velvet Matte Skin Tint – not to mention the gorgeous creamy concealers. Now it’s time to welcome a brand new best friend – the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer which has just launched in America and is set to arrive in the UK soon. I have all the shades here and have swatches of each one for you.
UPDATE – JUST LAUNCHED HERE.
NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Features
- High coverage with weightless wear
- Soft-focus smoothing complex blurs, conceals, and smooths imperfections
- Optimal Diffusion Powder helps maximize light diffusion with spherical surface powders designed to absorb and refract light for soft-focus perfection
- Advanced powders in an interwoven structure lay flat to prevent settling into fine lines and pores and deliver long-wear
- Complete comfort
- Natural-looking finish
- Oil-free, non-drying
- Collagen-boosting peptides and hyaluronic acid reduce the appearances of wrinkles and pores by helping plump the look of skin
- Antioxidant Daily Defense delivers a protective cocktail of Vitamins A, C, and E.
- 16 shades for all skin tones
I love that this formulation covers, conceals and blurs (both pores and lines) but also delivers skincare benefits. Considering that the eye area is the place I worry about most in terms of ageing, I love the extra help.
NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Shades & Swatches
- Chantilly – True ivory shade for fairest complexions
- Vanilla – Tiny cast of pink for the fair complexion
- Crème Brulee – Fair with a light pink undertone
- Cannelle – Light with a peachy undertone
- Honey – Warm peach tone for light to medium complexion
- Custard – Yellow tone for light to medium complexion
- Macadamia – Medium with a peachy undertone
- Ginger – Golden undertone for medium complexion
- Biscuit – Medium dark natural balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Caramel – Medium dark yellow and golden undertones
- Chestnut – Medium with a pink undertone
- Amande – Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Hazelnut – Medium dark with a warm red undertone
- Café – Dark shade with warm red undertones
- Cacao – Dark shade with deep gold-brown undertones
- Dark Coffee – Dark brown with an olive undertone
Chantilly, Vanilla, Crème Brulee, Cannelle:
Honey, Custard, Macadamia, Ginger:
Biscuit, Caramel, Chestnut, Amande:
Hazelnut, Café, Cacao, Dark Coffee:
The exciting thing about this concealer is that is conceals blemishes and also works very well under and around the eyes. There are very few that do both these jobs really well. Unlike other pot concealers I have tried, the texture is extremely light and airy and it applied very easily. I just tap it on and then blend it out with my finger.
You need the tiniest amount for full coverage and it seems to set itself so I didn’t feel the need to use the powder. This is always a win for me. I know you are always supposed to set your concealer but I just feel that powder under my eyes accentuates lines no matter what. With the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer I don’t need to worry about that.
I love that it covers over my open pores, any blue tones or darkness around the eye and also pigmentation marks. It is a true all-rounder. And it lasts really well.
I was expecting to have to really warm it up before applying it to the skin but the texture is nice and creamy so it can pretty much go straight on. I love it.
The NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer is available HERE for £24.
Find the Facebook page here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.