*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Oh my goodness. My heart skipped a beat when I found out that NARS were launching a cushion version of my fave foundation! Check out the brand new NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Cushion Foundation. And guess what?! It has SPF50. Is this a dream?!
I am not over-exaggerating my excitement. The original liquid foundation has been my longest love affair since I started blogging, and I am genuinely obsessed with how cushion foundations tend to look and feel on my skin. This is a dream come true! Also, I am obsessed with SPF and this one has my favourite variety…50!
What Finish is NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Cushion?
This is a medium to full coverage foundation with a lovely glowy finish. Yay – just how I like it!
- Lightweight formula
- Helps shield from sun and pollution
- Brightens the complexion dulled by environmental stress
- Full coverage for up to 16 hours
Powerful Protection Complex
- Shields skin from urban pollution, the harmful effects of UVA/UVB rays, while preventing dark spots, discoloration & dullness.
- Includes White Water Lily Extract for resilience against environmental stressors
Radiance Reviving Technology
- Combination of flexible, lightweight polymers & moisturising polymer powders that help to revive a natural radiant look with each application
Skin Optimising Complex
- Exclusive blend of Raspberry, Apple and Watermelon helps to support skin elastic fibres to smooth and improve skin’s texture over time for optimal radiance
How Many Shades in the NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Cushion?
I was surprised that there are only six shades in the collection because my shade is included and I imagined that that was because all the shades were there.
- Seoul – for fair skin with pink undertones
- Mont Blanc – for fair skin with neutral undertones
- Deauville – for light skin with golden undertones
- Samcheong – for light skin with pink undertones
- Vienna – for light skin with peach undertones
- Punjab – for medium skin with yellow undertones
- Barcelona – for medium skin with subtle peach undertones
So as you will probably have noticed, there are no shades here for darker skin tones at all. I have no idea what the thinking behind this is – maybe because of the high protection factor for fairer skins?? I don’t know.
I just have one shade to show you in the NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Cushion, my shade, which is Deauville. I think these pics give a good idea into the texture and coverage of the foundation.
I love the consistency – it is creamy yet light and blends effortlessly into the skin.
Before & After
I literally couldn’t wait to get this on my skin and I wasn’t disappointed! In fact I love it. It melts into skin, gives brilliant coverage that is natural-looking and dewy – just how I like it.
It feels light and comfortable on the skin and is easy to build if you want to increase the coverage. It doesn’t settle into lines and pores and stays looking glowy and fresh. If you are not so fond of dewy, you may want to powder the t-zone, but I left mine and just kept the compact in my bag for touch ups.
Here it is with some more quick and light makeup.
Where to buy NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Cushion
The cushion is £25 (refills sold separately) and it is available online at NARS, and in the new Harrods beauty hall.
Please let me know if for you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.