*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Since I joined snapchat, I have been following Manny MUA and I absolutely love his snaps. Manny is a big US Youtuber and partnered with US brand Makeup Geek to create a palette. One night I got completely carried away and decided to get on board with the latest re-stock and I snapped up the Manny MUA Makeup Geek Palette, and I am not at all sorry. It is gorgeous! Here’s the low down with lots of pictures and swatches. BUY IT HERE
So this is a limited-edition, 9-pan custom palette that features three existing Makeup Geek Eyeshadows shades chosen by Manny and six brand new and exclusive shades. There’s a great mix of warm-toned shades and finishes in here across neutrals and bolds, matte, shimmery, and foiled finishes.
Manny MUA Makeup Geek Palette Shades & Swatches
- Artemis – muted champagne yellow with a shimmery finish (Manny shade)
- Beaches & Cream – soft peachy beige with a matte finish
- Luna- medium rose gold with a foiled finish (Manny shade)
- Cosmopolitan – gold-flecked medium rose with a shimmery finish
- Sora – medium earthy terracotta with a matte finish with subtle glitter on the surface (Manny shade)
- Frappe – medium maple brown with a matte finish
- Insomnia – warm red brown with blue reflects and a foiled finish (pressed from the Makeup Geek pigment – so unique to this palette.
- Mars – is a deep cherry red with a matte finish (Manny shade)
- Aphrodite – deep plum brown with a matte finish (Manny shade)
Artemis, Beaches & Cream, Luna:
Artemis, the first shade is very beautiful and extremely similar to the Chardonnay shade in the BECCA Jaclyn Hill champagne collection eye palette that launched after this. I adore the shimmery shades in this palette. I am obsessed with Luna – it is full of pearlised pigment for a super high shine pink taupe. Love it!
Cosmopolitan, Sora, Frappe:
Cosmoplitan is a current Makeup Geek shade – and I love this too – it’s rose gold so of course I do! Sora is a gorgeous soft matte orange shade, and again, as orange eyeshadow is my new obsession, I adore it!
Insomnia, Mars, Aphrodite:
Insomnia is incredible. It’s a duo-chrome shade that I am slightly scared to wear to be fair, but it is literally amazing to look at! It is an existing shade but only available as a pigment – so the pressed version is exclusive to this palette. The last 2 shades are matte – a stunning cranberry shade, Mars, and the most amazing plummy brown, Aphrodite. LOVE!
This Manny MUA Makeup Geek Palette is a serious win for me, which is good because it cost a fortune. The palette was $45, then I had to pay packaging and international shipping, and then I got stung with a £15 customs charge! Oh well – that’s the life of a makeup junkie! It’s here in the US and UPDATE now here in the UK too!
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.