*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
This is a stunning new MAC collaboration. MAC Guo Pei is a partnership with Guo Pei, China’s most esteemed haute couturier – google Rihann’a’s dress at the Met Gala. It is such a different collection, and actually uses fabric in its packaging which while isn’t 100% practical is certianly 100% gorgeous. This colour collection is inspired by Guo Pei’s “garden of the soul” theme and it is like a beautiful fantasy.
The collection offers a mix of neutrals and vibrant jewel tones across eyeshadow quads, Fluidline shades, lipsticks and lip glosses.
MAC Guo Pei Collection Contents
- Guo Pei Night Sky Eyeshadow Quad – Nehru, Bright Moon, Blue Horizon, Celestial Peak £45
- Guo Pei Morning Light Eyeshadow Quad – Sweet Vapours, Walking Dawn, Amber Lights, Earthy Scents £45
- Guo Pei Fluidline in Blue Fountain – dark green blue (cream) £17.50
- Guo Pei Fluidline in Darkness of Calm – dark espresso (frost) £17.50
- Guo Pei in Palm Tree – charcoal with pearl (cream) £17.50
- Guo Pei Lipstick in Brave Red – bright yellow red (cremesheen) £20
- Guo Pei Lipstick in Zenith – light nude (lustre) £20
- Guo Pei Lipstick in Ethereal Orchid – mid tone dirty coral (lustre) £20
- Guo Pei Cremesheen Glass in Pale Moon – mid tone nude pink £22.50
- Guo Pei Cremesheen Glass in Love of Roses – true red £22.50
- Guo Pei Cremesheen Glass in Bright Pink Bouquet – nude coral £22.50
- Guo Pei Powder Blush in Lotus Blossom – light blue pink (matte) £32
- Guo Pei Powder Blush in Red Water Lily – light coral pink (satin) £32
- Guo Pei Beauty Powder in Moonlight – translucent powder with small sized fine pearls £50
- Guo Pei Brushes – 213 Fluff Brush £26 & 129 Powder Brush £36
The packaging is so unique. You don’t often see textiles used in this way and although it could be a bit of a pain for getting dirty, it is just beyond charming.
MAC Guo Pei Lipstick in Ethereal Orchid
At the moment I only have one sample from the collection and I absolutely love it! Ethereal Orchid is a beautiful coral shade and I just adore the way it looks.
Sadly, I don’t think it’s one I will carry in my handbag, as much as I’d love to show it off, I think it could end up very grubby indeed. Oh well, such is life – you can’t have it all.
MAC Guo Pei Lipstick in Ethereal Orchid Swatch
Love this shade and finish.
The MAC Guo Pei collection is out now. Find MAC here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.