*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The name Eye Paint got my attention straight away!! I literally couldn’t wait to try these out. Here’s a look at the brand new L’Oreal Infallible Eye Paint line up. These are all about instant drama that lasts all day, or something more subtle. It’s up to you!
L’Oreal Infallible Eye Paint Features
- Ultra-bold coverage
- Super super saturated liquid shadow paint
- Long lasting finish for day long wear
- Liquid to powder formula
- Blends effortlessly
- Coated pigments deliver intense colour deposit
- Precision applicator for easy one-stroke application
- Easy glide-on formula
L’Oreal Infallible Eye Paint Shades & Swatches
- 101 Eternal White
- 104 Unstoppable Teal
- 201 Viscious Gold (or Golden Eye)
- 202 Keep on Khaki
- 204 Over the Blue
- 301 Infinite Purple
- 303 Breathtaking Brown
101 Eternal White, 104 Unstoppable Teal, 201 Viscious Gold (or Golden Eye):
202 Keep on Khaki, 204 Over the Blue, 301 Infinite Purple, 303 Breathtaking Brown:
What is really interesting about the L’Oreal Infallible Eye Paint range is that it’s a very versatile product and you can use the colours in a number of different ways.
I love the shades. My faves are 101 Eternal While, 202 Keep on Khaki, 204 Over the Blue and 303 Breathtaking Brown. I wanted to love the gold one but I just found it wasn’t as pigmented as the other shades. The purple seemed a bit more watery than the others too.
Different Ways to Apply
L’Oreal are saying ‘paint it your way’!
- Paint your base – Apply a light shade onto the lid and lightly blend the edges. The creamy base will create a longer wear and a more even surface for application
- Paint it smoky – Apply a dark shade to your lid, buffing the edges out so colour is visible when the eye is open. Layer a darker shade along the lash line, softening the edges
- Paint it loud – Use the applicator to paint a bold shade in an even layer over the entire lid, stopping at the crease. Or using an eyeshadow brush, paint colour over the lid lightly for a brush stroke effect
- Paint your liner – Apply along the lash line using the edge of the applicator. For a more precise or winged liner use an eyeliner brush, coating the bristles with formula from the applicator
- Paint your lashes – For a subtle pop of colour brush Infallible Eye Paint over the top of your mascara, or for bold coloured lashes coat a clean mascara wand in the formula and brush through the lashes
You can basically do whatever you want with this product. As someone who rarely uses a product in the way it’s intended, I find this very exciting indeed!! When I had a play I used the Khaki over the lid and blended it out and then did a bold winged line with the blue. I love these two shades together.
I absolutely love these, and I can’t wait to create a super smoky eye with the deep brown because it is beautiful. The pale champagne 101 shade makes a perfect inner corner highlight and also a fresh, bright wash.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.