*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
During the summer, Philips teamed up with ReallyRee to give away a brand new Lumea Precision Plus hair removal system worth £450 and asked the winner to put the product through its paces by sharing it with a friend for an 8 week trial.
Hair Removal Philips Lumea Precision Plus Trial Q&A
Our winner, Alison Harriman, did just that. Here’s how she got on.
1. What were your first thoughts when you received the product? Were you nervous/excited/apprehensive?
Excited! It was the biggest thing I had ever won and it was exciting to be part of a trial of this sort.
2. What method of hair removal did you use before you started using the Philips Lumea Precision Plus?
Primarily shaving with some waxing and depilating cream
3. How much approximately were you spending on hair removal per year, either on shaving materials, at-home hair removal products, or in-salon treatments?
More than £100 but less than £200.
4. What did you know about IPL hair removal before you started trialling the Philips Lumea Precision Plus?
I knew it was more effective and longer lasting than traditional hair removal and until now, only available in a salon.
5. Have you ever had in-salon IPL treatments before?
6. Had you ever thought about using an at-home IPL product before?
7. How many treatments have you done with the Philips Lumea Precision Plus to date?Approximately 20.
8. Did you find it easy to use the product for the first time?
9. Does it hurt to use the product?
Not at all.
10. How long does it take you to treat the area you have been treating?
Less than 15 minutes.
11. Have you noticed any difference in hair growth to date?
Yes, definitely. There is much less and what there is comes much slower.
12. Does the Philips Lumea Precision Plus work?
Most definitely, yes it does work.
13. What did you expect from the product before you started trialling, in terms of ease of use, results, etc.?
I expected it to do exactly what it promised and it did.
14. What part of your body did you try the product on?
Primarily lower face (me) and underarms (trial partner)
15.How long did it take you to see results?
We both started seeing results after just three treatments, with each treatment spaced two weeks apart.
16. Now that you have been using the product for over 8 weeks will you be going back to your previous method of hair removal or are you going to continue to use the Lumea Precision Plus?
I have actually thrown out my disposable razors and neither of us have bought any other hair removal product since. We both plan on using the Lumea exclusively.
17. Would you try the product on a different part of your body now?
18. What do you think are the benefits (if any) of using the Philips Lumea Precision Plus over other forms of hair removal?
Efficacy primarily, followed by ease of use. Once you’re past the eight weeks (or sooner), you notice a remarkable improvement – what regrowth there is is much slower and sparser. No ingrown hair, no stubble, no irritation, redness or bumps!
19. Would you recommend the Philips Lumea Precision Plus to your friends as an investment in hair removal?
20. Do you have any hints or tips for people who are new to using the Philips Lumea Precision Plus?
A) read both the Quick Start and full instruction manuals thoroughly before starting to use the device. The directions are clear and simple, but you’ll be much happier with the whole process if you don’t skip that step. B) take your time when using the Lumea. Pick a time when you aren’t rushed and can cover the treated areas properly. You’ll see better results, sooner.
Well what a glowing report! Big thanks for Alison for doing such a great job!
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.