*This post contains PR samples and affiliate links
I have had a lot of requests for a review of the new Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue foundation, so I have been testing it out and here are my thoughts. I’ve got before and after photos and also lots of shade swatches.
I was so excited to try this new base because it is a real skincare and makeup hybrid that offers full coverage in a hydrating, protective formula.
What is Estee Lauder Futurist?
- Full coverage makeup that provides immediate and all-day hydration
- 12-hour long-wear and radiance
- Non-caking, streaking or poring for 12 hours
- Promises to stay colour-true, settle- & crease-resistant for 12 hours
- Sweat- and humidity-resistant
- Works to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier
- Waterproof formula
- Available in 20 shades
- Suitable for all skin types
- Won’t cause breakouts or clog pores
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested
Key Ingredients & Technology
This new foundation has been formulated with Estee Lauder’s specially-created ‘Ion-Charged Water’, plus probiotic technology and chia-seed extract.
- Probiotic Technology helps replenish the skin
- Chia Seed Extract, cold-pressed from the chia seed plant, nourishes skin with Omega-3 fatty acids
- Ion-Charged Water increases the moisture within the skin while allowing other hydrating ingredients to penetrate skin more deeply
- Protects against daily damage from UV exposure with SPF 45
- Pigments and polymers provide superior adhesion to allow the full-coverage makeup to wear comfortably all day
Estee Lauder Futurist Swatches
I have four shades to show you – Porcelain, Ecru, Dawn and Tawny:
As you can see, Futurist has a lovely creamy formula and the texture lends itself well to being applied like skincare and worked into the skin with fingers. Equally, if you prefer a brush or sponge, they work well too.
Before & After Photos
I have had to wait to take these photos of Estee Lauder Futurist on my skin because when I first tested this formula I had an allergic reaction to some Burratta I ate. Hence the delay on this review. I won’t be doing that again in a hurry!
Estee Lauder Futurist Foundation Review
I love the silky smoothness of this formula, it applies like skincare and feels instantly hydrating and comfortable. Alhtough it uses an SPF45, the texture is light and non sticky, making it super easy to blend into the skin.
It gives a soft, velvety radiance that perfects the skin, minimises redness and evens out tone. A great every day base.
Where to buy it
The Futurist Hydra Rescue Moisturizing Makeup SPF 45 is £36 and available at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.