*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you are not big on powder but hate shine, this could be the perfect product for you. The Clinique Universal Stay Matte Blotting Powder is an invisible blotting powder with a matte finish that has been formulated to take down shine and impart skin with a natural looking perfected finish.
Clinique Universal Stay Matte Blotting Powder Features
- Ultra-fine lightweight formula
- Uses oil-absorbing ingredients
- Optical diffusers minimise the appearance of fine lines and pores
- Extends wear time of makeup
- ‘Slurry’ technology allows the even distribution of uniformly sized spherical particles
- Leaves a soft feel on the skin
- Lightweight, comfortable texture
- Translucent finish allows multiple touch ups without cakiness
- Universal shade for all skin tones
- Can be applied under or over foundation
- Under foundation to prime oily skin
- Can be applied to bare skin to minimise oil
You can use the sponge in the compact to lightly dab on, or a brush which personally I prefer. The sponge will be great for on the go.
Clinique Universal Stay Matte Blotting Powder Swatch
As you can see, it’s a super light, almost invisible texture and finish. Just great for taking away shine without dulling radiance.
Clinique Universal Stay Matte Blotting Powder is £26 and launches 8th April 2016. If you are looking for something similar in the meantime, Daniel Sandler does a good blotting powder too. UPDATE! now released and available to order online HERE in the UK and HERE in the US
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.