*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I love a cushion foundation so I was very excited to try this new one from Chantecaille. Here’s the lowdown on the Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation. I have swatches and before & after photos.
Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation vs Original Future Skin Foundation.
I know there will be lots of questions about how the new Cushion version compares to Chantecaille’s original Future Skin. Unfortunately I have only had this applied to my skin at an event, and not actually owned it myself, so my knowledge on this is somewhat limited.
Hoever, I do know that the original comes in a pot, that can be a little messy, so the Cushion packaging is much more convenient. In terms of the brand perspective, Olivia Chantecaille says that the cushion is the “perfect balance between Future Skin and Just Skin.”
What is Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation?
This a skincare-makeup hybrid product which I think is something that we are all looking for at the moment:
- Water-based foundation with an innovative formula
- Infuses the skin with powerful anti-ageing skincare and anti-pollution benefits
- Blurs imperfections to leave skin looking flawless
- Sheer buildable coverage
- Refreshing feel and natural, invisible finish
- Refillable compact
Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation Skincare Benefits
- Bionymph Peptide Stem Cell Extract boosts collagen I and III production
- Works to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Network Of Botanical Sugars provides an instant shield against soot & urban dust
- Reduces pollution particles adhesion to skin
- Prevents penetration of known allergens
- Instantly smooths skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Aura: Very fair with cool undertones
- Alabaster: Fair with balanced undertones
- Vanilla: Medium-light with balanced undertones
- Nude: Medium with soft rose undertones
- Wheat: Medium bronze with balanced undertones
- Agave: Medium dark with golden undertones
- Mahogany: Rich brown with deep rose undertones
- Espresso: Deep, dark brown with balanced undertone
Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation Swatches
I have two shades to show you – Alabaster & Vanilla:
Before & After Photos
This is a light coverage applied with the sponge included. I think this is great for top ups, however, I actually prefer applying with a foundation buffing brush and have been enjoying using the iconic Full Coverage Face Brush* from Bobbi Brown. I’ve found using the brush delivers a full coverage and faster.
I absolutely love that there’s such a big skincare focus with the Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation. Spending so much time at home, I don’t necessarily need full coverage, but I do like my skin to look juicy and a little perfected when I look in the mirror or see myself on Zoom.
This feels so fresh and soothing as it is applied to the skin, really just like skincare. The texture is super light, so it’s not like you’re wearing makeup at all and when you look at your skin, it doesn’t look like makeup either. You just look juicy, fresh and more flawless.
I apply this over my SPF and love that it contains a pollution shield. The combination of UV rays and pollution causes havoc for skin and healthy ageing, so I am always reassured by clever pollution shield technology.
Get the full makeup details in this Instagram post.
This won’t be for you if you are looking for lots of coverage, because it would take too much product to get there. However, this is gorgeous for a nice infusion of collagen boosting peptides and a ‘your skin but better’ finish. As I said above, if you do want more coverage from it, save the sponge for top ups and use a dense foundation brush for initial application.
Where to buy Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion Foundation
So this is pretty pricey at £120 a pop, however, each unit contains an inserted cushion and one refill. In total you get 12g of product. It is available now at:
With this product, Chantecaille are supporting longtime conservation partners Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in their successful orphaned elephant rehabilitation program – as well as in their commitment to anti-poaching and safeguarding of natural habitats for all species across Kenya.
Make sure you check out my Best Makeup for 2021 blog post, for lots more recommendations.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.