*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have been really impressed with BaByliss’ new launches for 2020 and this is no exception. Here’s the lowdown on the brand new Babyliss 9000 Cordless Curling Tong. I have been testing it out for you.
I love this style of tong. I find that tools with a clip are much easier to use and allow lots more control than a standard wand. It’s a personal preference but they suit my style of working well.
What is the Babyliss 9000 Cordless Curling Tong?
BaByliss say this is the first high performance cordless tong with a 25mm barrel.
- Features ground-breaking Micro-Heating Matrix heaters formed precisely to the shape of the barrel
- This delivers consistent, even heat with no hotspots
- Ensures effortless curl formation and lasting results even when styling at lower temperatures
- Powered by lithium-ion, with precise electronic control
- Delivers instant heat up and instant heat recovery
- Uses ultra-smooth ceramic that creates smooth long-lasting bouncy curls
- A three hour charge provides 40 minutes of cordless use
- Easy to use lever that gently holds the hair for extra control as you curl
- Three temperature settings: 160°C, 170°C, 180°C
- Sleep mode and auto-safety shut off
- Travel storage case with heat protective lining
- Multi-voltage for worldwide use
I have been getting on really well with this. In fact, I like it a lot! It is easy to charge and easy to use and I love the waves it produces. The barrel is fairly slim so it’s pretty versatile. You can take small sections for tighter curls, and larger sections for a looser effect.
I have found the waves to be really long-lasting and bouncy and I feel like this performs as well as my favourite tong from ghd. However, it has the added bonus that it’s cordless and so I can use it with my favourite mirror in the bathroom.
Of course, it will really come into its own when we are travelling again and it will be amazing for hotel rooms and gym changing rooms. Also, the charge is multi-voltage so you will be able to charge it anywhere in the world. This is an absolute win for me.
Where to buy the Babyliss 9000 Cordless Curling Tong
The tong is £179.99 and available at the following retailers:
It is also available in a wand and a straightener. I think that the curler varieties are more impressive than the straightener. For a cordless straightener, I prefer the Dyson Corrale – review here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.