*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have been testing more newness from Augustinus Bader and it’s an oil for the face! Check out Augustinus Bader The Face Oil.
The AB range has been expanding a lot recently which is really exciting. They have a pretty full collection now, with the most recent additions being The Body Oil and the Cleanser. You can check out my review of The Body Oil here, and The Cream Cleansing Gel here.
What is Augustinus Bader The Face Oil?
- New-in-class formula
- Uses an exact calibration of cold-pressed oils and Austinus Bader’s patented TFC8® technology
- Promotes glowing, healthy skin
- Richly nourishing yet ultra-lightweight
- Fast-absorbing yet long-lasting
- Hydrates the skin instantly, and helps to retain moisture throughout the day
- Does not leave a greasy residue
- Will not clog pores
- Designed for everyday use
- Adjusts to your skin and provides an array of unique solutions
- Can tackle fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation and promotes cellular renewal
- Good for all over skin health
TFC8 Complex & Key Ingredients
Vital to this formulation, as you’d expect with this brand, is Professor Augustinus Bader’s proprietary TFC8 cell renewal complex which uses a blend amino acids, high-grade vitamins, and synthesized molecules that are naturally found in the skin. The complex encourages the skin to move into its best state to allow for repair and renewal while the ingredients get to work.
- Babassu Oil: vitamin rich seed oil is a rich source of the medium chain triglyceride lauric acid, which enhances the skin’s natural defenses against environmental aggression and water loss by helping to strengthen its lipid barrier and microbiome
- Argan Oil: cold-pressed seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids including linoleic acid (omega-6), known for its ability to help restore the skin’s hydrolipidic film and prevent trans-epidermal water loss
- Hazelnut Oil: nourishing oil, obtained from southwestern France, is high in omega fatty acid content and supports improved moisture retention
- Karanja Oil: rich in flavonoids, this oil supports skin’s defense against the damaging effects of environmental aggressors and helps prevent premature aging. It also delivers soothing, antimicrobial properties
- Pomegranate Seed Extract: anti-aging, antioxidant-rich oil optimises the skin’s self-renewal mechanism, supports improved elasticity and reduces the appearance of wrinkles thanks to more than 60% punicic acid and linolenic acid
Do you need more than one Augustinus Bader face product?
The key point to note about Augustinus Bader skincare is that the brand launched with just two products – The Cream* and The Rich Cream*. Both these products were created to be stand alone skincare options – a single product you can apply to your skin and be assured that they are completely effective when used alone.
Augustinus Bader The Face Oil is the third product in the face care range and an oil is usually an add-in, layering product for your skincare regime. All three formulas contain the company’s patented TFC8® (Trigger Factor Complex) technology, which supports the skin’s natural processes.
So what does it mean for the AB ideaology that you only need one product with the signature cell-rejuventating TFC8 complex to see results?
The answer is that it doesn’t change very much at all! The Face Oil has been designed for use as a standalone product too. So now skincare junkies have three textures to choose from.
The brand states that all of Augustinus Bader’s products are effective when used individually: “a client does not need to purchase multiple products to obtain the full advantages of the company’s technology. One product alone will provide results.”
How to Use It
So, just because The Face Oil has been designed for use as a stand alone product, you can of course layer it too. Here are the different ways you can use it:
- Apply to clean, dry skin as desired
- Use in the place of a cream moisturiser for a natural, hydrated glow
- Apply on top of The Cream or The Rich Cream to lock in hydration and prime the skin for makeup (allow oil to fully absorb before applying makeup)
- Blend The Face Oil with The Cream or The Rich Cream for intense moisturisation
- Tap The Face Oil over your makeup on the high points of the face for a natural, subtle highlight
I wasn’t at all surprised that this is a beautiful oil. I love The Cream* and The Rich Cream* (Rich is my favourite) and this offers up a completely new texture that can be used in a range of ways. Used alone, it proves itself to quite a unique oil. It sinks in quickly and leaves what I can only describes as a softly matte glow.
It doesn’t leave the shine that most oils do, just a gorgeous healthy glow. Love it. I have also tried it over the top of my rich cream, and this works really well for an extra boost of deep moisturisation, if you were looking to double up on your products. I am yet to use it mixed into my moisturiser or applied over my makeup, but I am excited to try that.
All in all, it is a superb hydrator and really helps to make my skin supple and glowy. It is absolutely packed with antioxidants. This means it offers excellent environmental protection and so it’s perfect for day time use; especially as it sinks in so beautifully.
Augustinus Bader The Face Oil Release Date & Price
The new oil is £65 for 10ml and £180 for 30ml. It is available online at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.