*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Augustinus Bader are speedily expanding their skincare offering. Having been a two product brand for so long, it seems a lot, but I couldn’t resist trying their new balm for cleansing as I am a cleansing fiend! Here’s a look at Augustinus Bader The Cleansing Balm.
I love the AB packaging. The electric blue and copper tone is such a beautiful combination, and as my collection accumulates, I am appreciating the aesthetic more and more.
What is Augustinus Bader The Cleansing Balm?
- A solid balm that melts across the skin
- Provides a thorough yet ultra-gentle cleanse
- Dissolves and removes the daily build-up of dirt, oil, environmental impurities and stubborn makeup.
- Tones, purifies and decongests the skin for a clear, refined complexion
- Easily rinse away impurities and makeup, leaving no residue
- Nourishes and hydrates and soothes
- Conditions without stripping or disrupting its pH
- Augustinus Bader’s exclusive TFC8 complex supports cellular renewal and guides key nutrients to the cells
- Comes with ‘The Cloth’ (100% cotton muslin) to enhance The Cleansing Balm’s efficacy and gently exfoliate the skin
- Non-pore-clogging, fragrance free, and suitable for all skin types
- Formulated without irritants or allergens
- 100% vegan and free of gluten, GMOs, parabens, fragrance, SLS, SLES, DEA, heavy metals, talc and petrolatum/paraffin/mineral oil
- Housed in a fully recyclable glass jar
- Packaged with a 100% recyclable carton, insert and leaflet
- TFC8 – A complex of natural amino acids, high-grade vitamins and synthesized molecules naturally found in skin, which guides key nutrients and powerful natural ingredients to the skin cells, creating an optimal environment for the body’s innate processes of repair and renewal
- Avocado-Olive Fruit Oil Complex – A multifunctional plant complex. Stimulates skin’s natural defenses, minimizing the effects of external aggressors and helping to prevent signs of premature aging
- Vitamin E – A powerful, restorative skin conditioner. Effectively supports barrier function to optimize hydration levels while protecting the complexion from environmental aggressors
- Squalane – A clean, plant-derived humectant. This intensely hydrating oil effectively attracts and retains moisture for supple, radiant skin with greater bounceback.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Squalane, C10-18Triglycerides, Phytosterols, Bisabolol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Oleate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Water/ Aqua, Lecithin (Soybean), Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Phenylalanine, Glycine, Lysine, Sisymbrium Irio Seed Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hydroxide, Oligopeptide-4, Oligopeptide-177.
I love a balm to cleanse with and this one has a beautiful texture. It melts into the skin effortlessly under the heat of the fingertips and immediately starts to break down makeup and dirt.
It emulsifies into a soft milk when you add water and then I just use the muslin that comes with it, or a flannel, to gently whisk everything away. I have been enjoying following up with the brand’s The Cream Cleansing Gel for a double cleanse. And my skin is left feeling super clean yet really hydrated and calm. They are a fantastic duo but I also love using the balm alone.
It’s a very fancy cleanser with lots of added skincare. If you have some cash to splash, I thoroughly recommend it as a luxurious treat, especially as it contains AB’s proprietary TFC8 cell rejuvenating complex. If you want a cleanser that also works as an anti-ageing agent, this will tick the boxes.
I still think my number one recommendation from the brand is The Rich Cream*. I love it!
Where to buy Augustinus Bader The Cleansing Balm
The new cleansing balm is available now for £55. You can order it online at:
Please let me know if for you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.