*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Antipodes is a wonderful New Zealand brand who are best known for their skincare (which I use on a regular basis FYI) and who have now ventured into lipsticks. Who better then to create a range of lipsticks that will not only look and feel fab but give your lips a boost at the same time?
The average woman may consume almost seven pounds of lipstick in her lifetime and with that in mind they formulated the Moisture Boost lipsticks so they could be:
- Safer to wear by using natural, healthy and edible ingredients
- Condition your lips with ‘nutrient-rich pure plant oils’
These are like health supplements for your Lips! With naturally sourced ingredients you could almost eat them although not recommended for consumption.
- Avocado Oil – jam packed with essential fats, vitamins and minerals
- Calendula Oil – an anti-inflammatory healing oil
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Argan Oil – for lip hydration
- Beeswax – antibacterial
- Shea Butter
- Jojoba Oil
- Vitamin E
The Antipodes Moisture-Boost Natural Lipsticks use environmentally friendly and 100% biodegradable packaging and are certified vegetarian by the UK Vegetarian Society (Beeswax is used as an ingredient) as well as being cruelty free.
Antipodes Moisture Boost Natural Lipstick Shades
There are 12 colours in the Antipodes Moisture Boost Natural Lipstick range (descriptions denoted by a * are taken from the Antipodes website)
- Golden Bay Nectar – hints of peach and honey*
- Queenstown Hot Chocolate – “a decadent brown”*
- Boom Rock Bronze Lipstick – bronze colour*
- Piha Beach Tangerine – a vibrant tangerine
- West Coast Sunset – “a smoky red-orange”*
- South Pacific Coral – coral shade*
- Dusky Sound Pink – a neutral dusky vintage pink
- Dragon Fruit Pink – “a vibrant pink”*
- Remarkably Red – a muted purple-pink (don’t let the name fool you)
- Ruby Bay Rouge – a classic red with blue undertones.
- Forest Berry Red – “warm-based red”*
- Oriental Bay Plum – plum shade*
Antipodes Moisture Boost Natural Lipstick Swatches
I was sent four out of the twelve: Piha Beach Tangerine, Dusky Sound Pink, Remarkably Red and Ruby Bay Rouge.
Piha Beach Tangerine
Dusky Sound Pink
Ruby Bay Rouge
I was blown away by the formula, they are stupidly pigmented, one swipe and you get true opacity. These really are very moisturising and long lasting (which never really happens), the finish is a demi-matte with Dusky Sound Pink having a more satin finish. I found that my lips were in so much better condition by the end of the day – and my lips were in much need of TLC. The packaging is quirky too, with each lipstick having its own introduction. The one downside is the shape of the bullet; it doesn’t have a straight edge so it’s fairly tricky to apply.
I will be reaching for these on a regular basis and I already have my eye on some other shades in the range. The Antipodes Moisture Boost Natural Lipsticks launch in May. You can find Antipodes here and here.
Read Tasmin’s tips for oily skin here
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.