*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
This is my first ever Anastasia Beverly Hill eyeshadow palette and I am absolutely thrilled with it!! The shades are beautiful, the textures are super-luxurious and it really is a bit of a love-fest over here! Take a look at all the pics and swatches of the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette. Exciting!
Previously the Anastasia brand was all about brows for me and I love Brow Wiz and Brow Pomade and now the new Brow Definer (you can see all my reviews here). Then came the Glow Kit which I am literally obsessed with. It even rivals the Champagne Pop phenomenon for me on some days, and I love to layer them all together! Now the eyes are taking over too!
Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette Features
- Soft pink velvet casing
- Mix of matte and metallic eyeshadows
- 14 highly-pigmented powders in a range of pinks, taupes and berries
- 11 mattes and 3 metallic shadow
- Dual-ended soft bristle brush
If you were looking for a a range of golden-bronze and warm pink and red tones, then this has it all covered!! Plus there’s a burnt orange in here which seriously makes my life!! Also matte lovers will love it and that finish dominates the palette.
Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette Swatches
Add me on snapchat (reallyree) if you want to see more!
All the shadows are super soft, with great pigmentation.
- Tempera (ultra-matte, velveteen beige)
- Golden Ochre (matte, earth-toned yellow)
- Vermeer (iridescent shell pink)
- Buon Fresco (matte antique lavender)
- Antique Bronze (chocolate with pink gold shimmer)
- Love Letter (ultra-matte raspberry)
- Cyprus Umber (matte dark coffee)
- Raw Sienna (matte, neutral amber)
- Burnt Orange (deep matte orange)
- Primavera (shimmering gold dust)
- Red Ochre (ultra-matte red stone)
- Venetian Red (matte crimson)
- Warm Taupe (earth-toned grey)
- Realgar (ultra-matte brick)
I am so obsessed with this. I wish there were a couple more shimmer finishes in there, just because I am a total magpie, in spite of the fact that matte probably looks better on me!
Vermeer and Primavera are stunning gold shimmers, and Antique Bronze is a beautiful mix of brown and rose gold. I adore the lavender hue of Buon Fresco and the Love Letter’s super matte raspberry, and because orange eyeshadow is an obsession, Realgar is everything. I want that layered under Primavera. LOVE!
I think you are going to have to be fairly quick to grab Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette if you live in the UK as there are limited qualities. However, you can order online HERE now (where I bought it). US readers can order it HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.