*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
My biggest problem as a combination/ oily skin girl is finding skincare to suit my contrasting needs. It has taken me an eternity to find a decent moisturiser, so needless to say serums have only very recently popped up on my radar.
In case you’re as new to the serum game as I am, apply serums after cleansing and pre-moisturiser. They target particular skincare concerns, like anti-ageing and hyper-pigmentation. Because they contain smaller molecules they penetrate deeper into the skin, thus making them more effective.
The Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum is the serum I have been using for the past three weeks. You get 30ml of product and it comes in this pretty white and silver tube. The cap comes off and you twist the lid for the pump to pop up. At first, it takes several presses for the product to disperse but when you do it releases a milky fluid that isn’t too runny. The Ultimate Boost Serum is free of fragrance, sulphates, parabens, mineral oil and dye and is suitable for all skin types.
Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum Claims
- Boosts hydration and restores skin’s hydrolipid barrier (external barrier of the skin which consists of sweat, sebum and water which helps protect the skin from harmful bacteria and also retains the skin’s moisture keeping it supple).
- Stimulates collagen and elastin and restores hyaluronic acid
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other visible signs of aging
- Antioxidants protect and neutralize free radicals from the sun and pollution
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, firm and hydrated
Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum Ingredients
- MATRIXYL™ Synthe’6™®: Derived from a peptide naturally found in collagen and laminins. MATRIXYL™ Synthe’6™ is a tripeptide that stimulates the synthesis of six major constituents of the skin, including collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, fibronectin and laminin. It strengthens the skin and decreases fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tetrapeptide-14, Tea Extracts, Boswellia Serrate Extract, Honey: This formula decreases inflammation, redness and puffiness. A mixture of a redness-reducing peptide is combined with the antioxidant properties of tea and the soothing qualities of honey and boswellia serrate.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A form of hyaluronic acid that hydrates by drawing water into the outer layers from deep within the skin. It holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making skin plumper, softer and smoother.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): Niacinamide increases ceramide and free fatty acids in the skin, which are key components of its protective lipid barrier. Along with keeping in moisture and boosting hydration, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it helpful for treating acne and rosacea. Niacinamide also prevents melanin transfer from melanocytes to skin cells to improve hyperpigmentation.
- Glutathione: An antioxidant peptide produced naturally in our bodies, glutathione helps recycle other antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E and alpha lipoic acid. Glutathione levels decrease with age.
- Aloe: Extracted from the aloe vera plant, aloe contains amino acids, vitamins and minerals; it has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
How To Use Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum
The Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum can be applied both in the morning and evening. It is advised to apply two pumps of the product to the face, neck and décolleté in an upwards motion. I only apply the serum at night as my morning skincare routine is very minimal. The serum feels very silky and applies easily to the skin. One pump is more than enough for my face and neck and I find it to be lightweight and fast absorbing which is exactly what I look for in skincare products. It feels like nothing on the skin after a minute which is great once you’re settled in bed.
Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum Results
Although I can’t attest to the anti-ageing claims that are made for this product I think it is a fantastic, hydrating serum that all skin types and people of all ages would enjoy. It is light, fragrance-free, cruelty free and keeps my skin looking and feeling soft, plump and hydrated. My makeup applies better in the morning and my skin feels better to touch. As such, I highly recommend this serum. You can see in the image below how it blends out into nothing and yet gives such a smooth appearance to the skin. One of the best skincare products I have used in 2017.
Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum Pros:
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing
- Hydrating and moisturising, feels like a good moisturiser
- Great ingredients (anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, anti-oxidants)
- Suitable for all skin types, even oily/combination skin
- Cruelty free
Alumier MD Ultimate Boost Serum Cons:
- Might be difficult to get all the product out because of the twist up pump design
More information on the Alumier MD Ultimate Booster Serum can be found on the Alumier MD website.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.