*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Well if ever a product name got my attention at lightening speed, it was this one!! Having been obsessed with the mighty Touche Eclat for years, the mention of the YSL Touche Eclat Glow Shot literally made my eyes pop out! This is YSL’s first liquid highlighter for expert strobing. I’m obsessed!! Update just launched here
The packaging is super sleek. There are three shades of this multi-active formula, each tailored for different skin tones. I have the lightest one for fairer skin.
YSL Touche Eclat Glow Shot Features
- Inspired by the light-giving benefits of the original Touche Eclat pen
- Liquid light concentrate
- Easy to work with, buildable formulation
- Delivers dewy radiance to the skin
- Tri-active formula for maximum radiance
- 3 shades
I love the fact that this highlighter has got quite a lot going on:
- Hydrating texture – plumps skin with moisture for enhanced light reflection
- Anti-fatigue complex – banishes dullness and hides shadows
- Ultra-fine micro-pearls – boosts the glow on the skin
It’s an absolutely beautiful formulation and it delivers a stunning effect on the skin. It is important to note that this is quite different from the Touche Eclat pen. The YSL Touche Eclat Glow Shot is not trying to mimic bright, well-rested skin like the iconic golden pen, but instead light up the skin like a true highlighter.
YSL Touche Eclat Glow Shot Shades
- Daylight – creates a mirror-like gleam for fairer skin tones
- Sunrise – gives a fresh-looking rosy glow to light to medium skin tones
- Sunset – bronzy glow for medium to dark skin tones
I have the Daylight shade:
You can use the Glow Shot in a few different ways and YSL have dreamt up some fun names for different application techniques. There’s the Naked Shot where you apply a thin layer all over the face for diffused radiance. The Mixed Shot where you mix it in with foundation or moisturiser to boost the luminosity of your products. And finally, there’s the Top Shot when you use it as a classic highlighter on all the high points of the face.
One layer gives a soft, ethereal-looking glow and it makes the skin juicy and hydrated. You can build it up for a more intense highlight, or even top it with a powder highlight for a brighter glow. It makes the perfect base for a powder if you really like the strobing effect. Lovely!
The YSL Touche Eclat Glow Shot line up is launching in the UK soon. You can find all the latest YSL Beauty launches HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.