*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
This is so exciting! VB Beauty have launched a mascara!! Here’s the lowdown on the brand new Victoria Beckham Beauty Future Lash Mascara. I have before and after photos for you.
The buzz is that Future Lash is a completely new view on mascara. Brand VB Beauty are calling it cutting-edge product innovation – full name: Future Lash, Smudge-Free Lifting Mascara.
Victoria says, “I was tired of my mascara being unable to keep up—always smudging, flaking, or harming lashes. The perfect mascara is something I’ve had in my head since day one, and to create my own, I wanted to reimagine what I needed from the ground up. We nailed it with Future Lash. A clean formula, with plant-based polymers, for ultra-black, fluttery lashes, and unlike anything I’ve tried.”
What is Victoria Beckham Beauty Future Lash Mascara?
- High Performance ‘Clean’ Mascara
- Delivers a lustrous, ultra-black, lifted lash look
- Transforms your natural lash for fanned out look
- Promises extension-like length, locked-in and flexible hold
- Resists flaking and breaking
- Encourages stronger, silkier lashes over time
- Lengthens, defines, and treats lashes with VB’s proprietary C2 Complex
- Promises to be smudge-proof, sweat-proof, and longwearing
- Rinses away effortlessly with just warm water
- Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Free from: Alcohol, Beeswax, BHT, Animal Collagen, Cyclic Silicones, EDTA, Essential Oils, Formaldehyde donors, Fragrance, Gluten, Nano Materials, Ozokerite, Palm Oil, Parabens.
How to Remove Future Lash – is it a Tubing Mascara?
So this mascara has been designed to be 100% removable with warm water which puts it in the tubing mascara category. It uses an exclusive water-activated IRT (Instant Release Technology) that allows it to gently detach from lashes, transforming into tiny water-soluble filaments that rinse away entirely with no harm to the environment. You won’t be needing any product or cotton pads.
So if you ever get frustrated about how hard high performance mascaras are to remove, you may need to check this out.
I have tested the removal and it is super easy. You just splash warm water over the eye area and gently massage the lashes. The mascara slides off in tubes and rinses away completely.
What is the VB C2 Complex?
This is what team VB Beauty are terming hair care for every lash. At the core of the Victoria Beckham Beauty Future Lash mascara formula is this plant-based complex that works to nourish, condition and prevent breakage for the lashes.
- Shea Butter which contains an abundance of fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that support the growth of strong, healthy lashes
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) helps reduce eyelash breakage and helps the production of keratin
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) acts as a humectant and hydrates lashes to keep them supple
- Pistacia Lentiscus Gum, naturally adds volume and lift to the lashes
- Tocopherol (vitamin E) conditions and nourishes lashes
- Plant-derived polymers to create flexible volume
Victoria Beckham Mascara Before & After Photos
My Review of Victoria Beckham Beauty Future Lash
I really like the way this mascara applies. The combination of the skinny curved brush and the formula gently grab on to even the tiniest lashes and really stretch and extend them out. You can really place the lashes where you want them, without too much product bulking on in one go.
It gives the lash a nice curl, which lasts quite well, although it did drop a bit. If you have particularly straight lashes like mine, you may want to curl them before applying the mascara.
One coat gives a very natural looking lengthened look – a bit like you’re wearing extensions, and then two coats adds more definition and volume. However, the volume is still subtle (in a good way). It doesn’t get clumpy or make the lashes stick together.
Next time I try it I am going to add more product and try to build up to a much more dramatic look. I’ll let you know how I get on.
Was it long lasting?
In terms of wear time, I decided to put it to the test on an ‘unset’ base which can often make mascara smudge, especially ones with lots of care ingredients in. It held up really well, even though my skin was very dewy by the end of the day. There were a couple of tiny blobs around my eyes, but I put that down to the unset base. In any case, it was minimal.
Is it easy to remove?
In terms of removal, warm water did trick very easily. I just splashed the eyes first, moved my fingers in circular motions over the lashes, and it all came off. It’s very handy for cleansing after as you completely skip panda eyes.
The packaging is lovely. It feels luxuriously heavy in the hand and it’s nice and slim, so great for the makeup bag.
Price & Availability
The launch date is Friday, 15th January 2021 exclusively at VB Beauty. The price is Price: $28 / £26 / €29.
Will Victoria Beckham Beauty Future Lash be available at UK retailers?
At the moment, the mascara is exclusive to VBB, however, as soon as this is set to change, I will let you know.
If you love shimmering eyeshadows, you have to check out the VB Lid Lustres.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.