*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
It has been some time since The Ordinary launched a new serum, so this is pretty exciting! Online now is the brand new The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% serum which is a super potent antioxidant formula extracted from pine bark and it can revive oxidised vitamin C to make it active again. Interesting!! Here are the details.
We all need a good quality antioxidant in our routines to protect skin from environmental aggressors and premature skin ageing; and we can always trust The Ordinary to deliver effective formulas at extremely affordable price points.
The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% Features
- Natural plant extract derived from the pine bark of French maritime pine trees
- Contains procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids
- Works to rejuvenate the skin
- Enhances skin hydration & elasticity
- Maintains healthy levels of collagen & Hyaluronic Acid in the skin
- Protects skin’s proteins from free radical damage & degradation
- Nourishes the skin from the inside out
- Captures free radicals before they damage skin
- Recycles oxidized Vitamin C to restore its activity
This is such an exciting product, particularly as it has the ability to revive dead Vitamin C and make it effective again. I am not sure I have really read anything about that before, and considering that oxidization is the biggest negative when it comes to Vitamin C products, I homed straight in on that! I need to find out more about this area! It is SO interesting!
The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% is available HERE now for £8.60 for 15ml.
I love this brand’s anti-oxidant serums and if you’re not sure how to fit them into your routine I’d suggest mixing a drop or two into your serums or moisturisers to boost their antioxdant protection power. It will turn an average cream into a product that will help defend your skin from the environment.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.