*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you like full coverage foundation then you may want to check out the brand new Rodial Airbrush Makeup Foundation Paste. The idea of a paste instantly got my attention. I have the details here, along with photos, shade swatches, and before and pictures.
So this promises to be a pretty versatile product. It has a thick paste texture and has been designed to be used alone, or mixed with other products depending on the finish and effect that you wish to achieve.
Rodial Airbrush Makeup Features
- Can be used as concealer, contour, highlight or face & body foundation
- Studio quality paste formula with high pigmentation
- Provides high definition airbrush coverage
- Buff into the skin neat for full coverage
- Mix with moisturiser or oil for lighter coverage & more fluid consistency
- Formulated with honey and minerals to hydrate for a radiant finish
- Long wearing and suitable for all skin types
- Available in four shades
The exciting thing about this product is that it is so buildable and customisable, so it can be exactly what you want it to be. It can be a concealer to cover any problem areas or a much more fluid texture when mixed with other skincare products. The paste has a lovely creamy texture and feels light on the skin in spite of how densely pigmented it is. You can adjust the finish by choosing a different mixing medium – use an oil for a glowy finish, and a mattifying moisturiser or primer for a matte finish.
Rodial Airbrush Makeup Shades & Swatches
There are four shades to choose from:
- 01 ideal for those with a fair complexion with cool undertones
- 02 is ideal for those with a neutral beige, medium complexion with a slightly warmer tone
- 03 is ideal for those with a medium complexion with a warm tone
- 04 is the deepest shade with a warm undertone
Before & After
I mixed the 01 paste with the Rodial Snake Booster Oil which was sent to me with the foundation samples.
I’m sorry I didn’t notice that annoying bit of hair across my face!
Used neat, the product has a very good adherence to the skin so will be great when you need very long lasting coverage. It also lasts well on the skin when diluted, especially when mixed with a primer.
I think this is a nice product that blends easily into the skin and is really easy to travel with as it can be used as both a concealer and a foundation. A pot will last quite a long time as a tiny blob goes a long long way. The only thing that worries me is that darker skins are not really catered for. Perhaps they’ll launch some deeper shades in the future.