*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have been absolutely loving the new Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush because is, in true RT spirit, it is so versatile. Here’s what you need to know.
I often end up using the same brush for my primer, foundation and concealer, especially when I have limited time, or I’m travelling. I tend to pinch the roots of the brush hairs to densify the head if I want more coverage or to fit into smaller areas. It can be a bit of a fiddly method, so this new brush really resonates with me.
What is the Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush?
- Designed to achieve a flawless complexion
- Sleek and innovative design
- Offers 3 different settings to provide full coverage-intensity control
- Features an adjustable slider spectrum to deliver varying levels of definition
- Ideal for both cream and powder formulas
- Tight, compact bristles are cruelty-free and custom cut
- Fully retractable packaging means it is perfect for taking with you on-the-go
How To Use Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush
You simply adjust the slider for the type of brush you want. This changes the size/accessbility of the head, and also the finish and coverage you can achieve:
- Maximum coverage – Level 1
- Medium coverage – Level 2
- Minimum coverage – Level 3
I tend to use the longest setting for my primer or glowy bases (I’ve been obsessed with the Victoria Beckham by Augustinus Bader Cell Rejuvenating Priming Moisturiser). Next for foundation I use the middle setting which covers quickly and gives a nice level of coverage.
Finally, after I have swiped on my concealer (pretty much always Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away*), I put the brush on the shortest setting to buff in the concealer into all those nooks and crannies. It does such a brilliant job.
What makes it really great for travelling is that you can fully retract the head to protect the bristles inside your makeup bag. That’s a really handy feature.
Where to Buy It
The Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush is available via the following links:
Also, check out the Real Techniques Christmas Collection.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.