*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
You may have seen the brilliantly simple packaging of haircare range Sachajuan on Instagram. Their packaging is so cool, it will make anyone’s bathroom look like a boutique hotel. But there’s more to Sachajuan than its packaging.
Sachajuan is a Swedish hair care brand and the name is made up of its two founders – Sacha and Juan, who are two highly recognised hairdressers both in their native Sweden and internationally.
I was recently invited to go along and see the Sachajuan range in action and in particular see what products are best for two of the most on trend looks – an undone bun and the perfect blow dry. I also picked up some handy tips which I’m going to share with you.
The undone bun is a modern twist on the classic up do. Everywhere you look, in magazines, online and on the catwalk, everyone has one. The undone bun gives you a laid back but pulled together look without looking like you’ve tried too hard.
The Sachajuan range has been developed with Ocean Silk technology to deliver valuable minerals and proteins to boost moisture, shine and enhance the overall natural beauty of your hair.
So to get an Undone Bun:
- Sachajuan Ocean Mist Volume Shampoo and Ocean Mist Volume Conditioner – wash and condition your hair using these two volume enhancers to give body to hair. Tip – apply the shampoo mainly on your scalp and roots and the conditioner should be applied from the ends of your hair to about 2″ away from your scalp.
- Sachajuan Styling Cream – after gently towel drying your hair, smooth the Styling Cream through your hair from root to tip. The Styling cream has heat protection and UV protection in it so will protect your hair from heat and sun damage. Blow dry hair straight or you can leave it to dry naturally.
- Sachajuan Volume Powder – dust and massage the Volume Powder into the roots and pull through the rest of your hair to create more volume and texture. Tip – this powder is the scaffolding or primer that you need to prepare hair for the undone bun. If your hair doesn’t have volume and texture, you’re not going to be able to create the undone bun which will stay in all day.
- Sachajuan Intensive Hair Oil – next brush your hair, creating a side parting and sweep the loose hair back into a low ponytail. Using as many pins as you want, pin sections of loose hair from the ponytail up and around. Tip – You want to hide the ponytail and also any visible pins by twisting and pinning loose sections of hair. Make sure the overall look is loose and quite messy rather than a tight, sculpted look. To further soften the bun, pull sections of hair from the sides of your face. Run the Intensive Hair oil through these loosened ends to give a smooth, silky soft look.
- Sachajuan Hair Perfume – when you’re happy with your undone bun, spritz your hair with the Hair Perfume which will not only make your hair smell divine but also has conditioning ingredients to maintain moisture levels, minimise static and enhance shine.
Perfect Blow Dry:
- Sachajuan Hair Repair – this is an intensive treatment that gives your hair vitality and strength. After shampooing, massage Hair Repair in to hair and leave for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off. This will leave your hair frizz free and manageable and soft and shiny.
- Sachajuan Hair Mousse – no longer is hair mousse a relic from the 1980’s. Tip – Hair Mousse will also act as a primer or scaffolding for your blow dry and give you bounce, volume and shine.
- Sachajuan Root Lift – apply Root Lift directly to roots to give you maximum lift and volume. Tip – you can also apply Root Lift on to your fingertips and then massage in to roots. Blow dry your hair in the opposite direction you want your hair to lie; this will give you ultimate volume and lift. Take sections of hair and blow dry from root to ends using a large round brush. The hairdryer should be approximately 8″ away from your hair. Once you have finished drying your hair, use the cool setting on your hairdryer to quickly go over hair, this will close the hair cuticles giving you shiny locks.
- Sachajuan Styling Cream and Sachajuan Hairspray – smooth the ends of your hair with the Styling Cream and then to finish, spray your brush with the Hairspray and back brush gently into the roots and then finish with a fine spray all over. Tip – as well as having lasting hold, the Hairspray is anti-humidity so gently lift up sections of your hair and spritz each section.
Other Sachajuan Products:
Two other products I want to mention are:
Sachajuan Ocean Mist – this is a leave in spray you spritz on to wet or dry clean hair, before drying, to give you a volume and heat protection. As with all the other Sachajuan products, Ocean Mist smells delicious.
Sachajuan Overnight Hair Repair – this is a water based hair mask which you leave in all night. As it’s water based, it won’t ruin your pillows. You don’t need to wash it out the next morning and can get up and go straight to styling your hair as you normally would. And the Hair Repair has heat protection in it.
So as well as looking cool, the Sachajuan haircare range will deeply nourish and protect your hair, without leaving product build up, whether you are going for a modern undone bun or leaving hair to dry naturally.
You can find Sachajuan hair products HERE
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.