*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I am a big fan of Ouai haircare, not least because it’s does good things to my hair, but because it smells so good. Well brand founder Jen Atkin has spotted the opportunity right there and has launched four new fragrances to join her best-selling line up of products. Here’s the lowdown on the Ouai Fragrance collection.
Apparently, Jen was overwhelmed with requests from Ouai’s customers and social media followers to create scents that they could actually wear. For me, a big part of how I choose my hair products rests on how they make me smell, so it’s a clever move I think.
Ouai Fragrance Range
There are four EDPs to choose from and I have been testing a couple of them:
- North Bondi Eau de Parfum 50ml
- Rue St Honoré Eau de Parfum 50ml
- Melrose Place Eau de Parfum 50ml
- Mercer Street Eau de Parfum 50ml
This one is all about the surfer vibe, It’s a lovely floral number with some of my favourite notes:
- Top notes – Bergamot, Apple Blossom, Raspberry
- Heart notes – Rose, Jasmine, Violet
- Base notes – Sandalwood, Patchouly, Musk
Rue St Honoré
This Ouai fragrance is inspired by Jen’s favourite spot in Paris, a soft and feminine floral fragrance:
- Top note – Violet
- Heart notes – Gardenia, Ylang Ylang
- Base notes – White Musk
This is a rich and velvety based rose fragrance:
- Top notes – Champagne, Pink Peppercorn, Berry
- Heart notes – Peony, Rose, Freesia, Jasmine
- Base notes – Amber, Sandalwood, Musk
This one is described as an outspoken and muse-worthy fragrance:
- Top notes – Orange, Peony, Itlian Lemon, Iris, Lily,
- Heart notes – Magnolia, Jasmine Sambac, Turkish Rose
- Base notes – White Musk, Orris
I have North Bondi and Rue St Honoré, and they are both lovely scents that are super wearable. North Bondi is my favourite Ouai fragrance, which seems to be the popular opinion because it is selling out fast. It is soft and powdery yet packs a punch and really reminds me of the Ouai Wave Spray* which is one of my favourite hair products. Not only does it leave my locks super fresh and fragrant, but it does a great job of making my curls last a lot longer.
I find North Bondi pretty long lasting on my skin and it makes me feels super clean and fresh in an expensive kind of way!
Where to buy OUAI Fragrance
Ouai Fragrance range is available for £46 for 50ml at:
The bottles are lovely – weighty with a sophisticated magnetic close that makes the experience feel pretty luxe.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.