*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
One of of the best selling face masks from Origins, the Clear Improvements charcoal mask, has been translated into a line of fabulously detoxifying body products, just in time for summer. I have been testing out the brand new Origins Clear Improvement Detoxifying Charcoal Body Scrub. Here’s the lowdown.
So it’s time to give some of that charcoal care to the “skin below the chin”! The Bamboo Charcoal in the Origins Clear Improvement Detoxifying Body Scrub Clear Improvement acts like a magnet to draw out dirt, oil and impurities to clear the pores. It also contains Dead Sea Salts and Organic Brown Sugar that work overtime to exfoliate dead cells without being abrasive.
“Dry skin and surface impurities are deodorised and dissolved while Wheat Germ, Soybean and Olive oils nourish and protect”. I have used this a few times and it has instant effect. It makes my skin super soft, removes any flakiness and generally refreshes the appearance of my skin.
Origins Clear Improvement Detoxifying Charcoal Body Scrub Features
- Bamboo charcoal: Sourced from Japan where it is known as “black diamond,” its surface area is said to absorb more than 100 times its weight in impurities due to its porous nature
- Clove: Native to Indonesia and sourced from an evergreen tree, it is known for its purifying properties
- Wintergreen: Sourced from a shrubby evergreen plant that is native to North America, known for its skin-toning properties
- Olive Oil: Obtained from the olive, the fruit of Olea europaea, a traditional tree of the Mediterranean Basin, olive oil has a long history of use as a moisturiser and skin softener
- Wheat Germ: Derived from the “heart” of wheat (the centre of the wheat berry), it is known for its skin softening and restorative powers
It smells and feel gorgeously fresh and really gets to work as a scrub but in a gentle, non-scratchy way. It is the perfect prep for fake tan because it creates a smooth base and gives skin its very own glow.
Spearmint and rosemary really help to revitalise and get you going, so it’s good for the mind as well as the body!
The new range also contains a Purifying Body Wash (£19). The Origins Clear Improvement Detoxifying Charcoal Body Scrub is available from 6th June 2015 for £25. Find Origins at John Lewis, Boots, House of Fraser and Feel Unique.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.