*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
It seems we are all makeup brush mad at the moment (I know I am) and No7 is getting involved with a full relaunch of its cosmetic brush collection plus the launch of 5 brand new brushes. I have the new No7 Core Collection Brush Set (£23) to show you.
No7 Core Collection Brush Set Contents
- Foundation Brush – to blend foundation for a natural and flawless finish
- Concealer Brush – for concealing dark circles, areas of pigmentation and imperfections
- Eye Colour Brush – soft but sturdy to allow you to pack colour on to the lids
- Blusher Brush – tapered and super soft for effortless application
I have never used any brushes from No7 before and I particularly like the blusher brush in this set which is super soft and reminds me of a smaller version of the Real Techniques Multi Task brush. I love a smaller brush for blusher so will be using this a lot. I also think it will be great for lightly polishing in foundation for an airbrushed finish.
Brand New No7 Brushes
- No7 Stippling Brush (£14.50) – for a professional-looking and flawless make up base
- No7 Contour & Highlighter Brush (£14) – double-ended brush for creating the the contoured effect
- No7 Retractable Bronzer Brush (£15) & No7 Retractable Lip Brush (£8) – for bronzing & lip touch ups on the go
- No7 Smudger Brush (£8) – double-ended smudger brush for creating a smoky eye
- No7 Precision Eyeliner (£8)- A silicone eyeliner brush that enables precise application of gel, liquid or cream eyeliners with absolutely no build-up of product or bacteria
I can see a lot of inspiration from the Real Techniques brushes here so I definitely think they will be worth a look. The only problem I see is that they seem to be a bit more expensive than Real Techniques which is a shame because, with all the well deserved hype around that brand, I think people will be reluctant to choose No7 over them. Time will tell!
The updated No7 Cosmetic Brush collection along with the No7 Core Collection Brush Set launches in Boots stores nationwide and on boots.com on 9 February 2015.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.