*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you love Hyaluronic Acid and want to get serious about including it in your skincare regime, then you’ll be interested to hear about this latest launch from The Ordinary’s hard-core big sister, NIOD. Containing two new forms of Hyaluronic Acid, NIOD MMHC2 is an upgraded, next generation version of best-seller Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex. Here’s what you need to know.
What’s really exciting about this is that the new formulation contains a rare direct form of Hyaluronic Acid. This is far superior to forms of HA used in many products on the market. I would say that if you have been loving The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum and now want to step it up a gear, then this is the product to get serious with. I love that NIOD have updated this product and that they are always striving to improve their formulations backed by intensive work in skincare science.
NIOD MMHC2 Features
The original NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex has been a huge success for the brand. MMHC2 is a even better, higher quality version. Deciem say, when brands refer to Hyaluronic Acid, they often mean sodium hyaluronate which is the sodim salt form of HA. This new formulation includes 1.0% direct Hyaluronic Acid (hyaluronic acid” in the ingredients) as well as all the ingredients from the original formulation.
- First-ever use of direct hyaluronic acid not in sodium salt form
- Uses a total of 15 forms of HA, HA precursors & an HA support technology
- Direct HA offers pro-repair support beyond the water hydration that sodium hyaluronate offers & delivers improvements to the elastic look of skin
- Also uses a marine form of HA (exopolysaccharides)which supports water content of tissues in exposure to temperature variations
- Features a HA support system of adaptogenic clary sage flavonoids and phenylethanoid glycosides to form a water-protective barrier for dermal water retention
- Peptide charged delivery system
Even though this is a new and improved version with more expensive ingredients, Deceim have kept it at the same price as the original product, which is really good news. It’s a beautiful product that’s deeply and intensely hydrating at multi-depths of the skin; the ideal first step in a regime for anyone looking for serious hydration, plumping, improved elasticity and tone. Even after first use, it makes skin so soft.
NIOD MMHC2 – The New Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex is £25 for 15ml and £38 for 30ml. You can buy it HERE now.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.