*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
A good eye product can be hard to find, especially one that delivers fast or instant results. I have been loving the new Murad Vita-C Eyes Dark Circle Corrector and it is really ticking the boxes for me. Here’s what you need to know.
This is an interesting product because Murad have really looked at what causes different types of discolouration around the eyes. Vita-C Eyes works to tackle them within one product.
Offer Alert for Murad Fans
What is Murad Vita-C Eyes Dark Circle Corrector?
This is described as a gold-stabilised vitamin C eye serum that fights the look of dark circles in as little as 2 weeks.
Vita-C Eyes is one of those instantly pleasing products because it brightens immediately. This is the result of light-reflecting micro-minerals, but don’t be deterred by this cosmetic element – when it comes to effective skincare and actives, Murad are always very serious.
- One-of-a-kind Vita-C Complex enhances L-ascorbic acid stability and potency
- Multi-pigmented minerals and light-diffusing particles deliver a balance of transparency and coverage to effectively colour-correct dark circles
- Uses gold-stabilised Vitamin C to fight the look of stubborn dark circles (blue, brown and red tones) in as little as two weeks
- Red and Brown Algae Extracts and Giant Kelp Extract help improve the look of under-eye puffiness and illuminate
- Cucumber Extract hydrates to visibly smooth wrinkles
There is quite a bit of chat about Gold-Stabilised Vitamin C in the beauty industry at the moment, and it was a big focus for the recent Charlotte Tilbury Magic Serum launch.
This is basically a high performance, potent vitamin C that offers enhanced antioxidant protection and increased stability. This is more bio-available and means the skin can absorb practically the full dose of vitamin C with minimal waste of the active ingredient.
Vitamin C is a brilliant ingredient for the eye area because skin is thinner and more translucent. It can defend the area from environmental aggressors which cause discolouration and signs of ageing.
Different Types of Dark Circles
The Murad Vita-C Eyes Dark Circle Corrector has been formulated to cover off multiple types of dark circles. Murad explains what different signs mean:
- Blue/purple: Low microcirculation and thin skin around the eyes increases visibility of unoxygenated blood (which is blue)
- Brown: Sun damage, irritation and genetics can result in hyperpigmentation
- Red: Triggered by inflammation, irritation and allergies
I am a blue / purple girl but the Vita-C eyes has been tested across a range of issues, and 86% said they saw brighter eye area skin after two weeks. After 6 weeks, 85% saw a reduction in dark circles.
I have been talking to lots of people in my DMs this month about what they want from their eye creams funnily enough, and it is mainly all about brightening / tackling discolouration, and hydration for smoothing and plumpness. I have to say, this eye cream is absolutely brilliant for both.
I’ve been using it pretty consistently for a few weeks without tracking progress too closely. I wasn’t sure whether it would make it onto the blog. However, I’ve realised that I have been using concealer a lot less than normal, and sometimes not at all. You may have noticed if you have been following my makeup Instagram stories.
Even without concealer, my eye area has been looking awake, bright and smooth. I am pretty pleased with what this eye cream is doing for me. It also feels smooth and looks plump and hydrated. The formula works beautifully under makeup and really helps to give a ‘lit from within’ finish.
Where to Buy Murad Vita-C Eyes Dark Circle Corrector
The eye cream is £56 for 15ml and although it is currently sold out at Murad*, it is available at:
- Lookfantastic* (20% off at lookfantastic for new customers with code 20NC, Save 10% or save 15% when you spend £60. Use Code: BEAUTY at basket.)
- Cult Beauty*
Offer Alert for Murad Fans
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.