*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
There is already HUGE excitement over the new Water Blend foundation from Makeup Forever, and now the brand is about to raise lipstick loving hysteria levels too with a brand new lipstick collection featuring 45 shades. Here’s the low down on the new Makeup Forever New Artist Rouge Lipstick 2016 line up.
Lipstick is absolutely massive this year and formulations are getting better and better. Makeup Forever have seriously stepped up their lip game with a complete relaunch of the Artist Rouge lipstick. We are talking new formula, new bullet shape and gorgeous new packaging! It is very exciting!
The 45 strong Makeup Forever New Artist Rouge Lipstick collection features both matte and cream finishes all the way from nude to electric blue, and each one super pigmented with amazing colour pay off.
Makeup Forever New Artist Rouge Lipstick Features
- 45 shades across creme and mat
- Show-off Colour Technology – pigment treatment that brings light to the original purity of colour
- Triple-Grinding Technology – colour pigment is ground 3 times to compact and condense. Promotes enhanced light reflection and colour radiance
- Transparent Oil – reveals pure, true colour
- Innovative complex of waxes organised like mesh to trap pigment
- 8 hour wear for creme finish
- 10 hour wear for the matte finish
- Macadamia & mallow oils nourish the lips
- New bullet design with high precision tip
- 2 limited edition shades with Icona Pop – M-401 a velvety matte deep red and C-603 a creamy, dark blue
There are 14 matte shades and 31 in the creamy finish and I have a few of them to show you here. I love the teardrop-shaped tip which enables you to line and define the lips without a brush. Also the matte metal packaging is lovely and a major improvement on the previous lipstick look.
Makeup Forever New Artist Rouge Lipstick Swatches
M102, M202, m501:
I love the formulation of both of these finishes. In fact, it’s hard to decide which I like the best. I am usually obsessed with matte, but the creme is so good too it makes it hard to choose.
Although I must say, it will be a cold day in hell when a white lipstick comes near my mouth! I am thinking I’ll keep it as a mixer?!
I love all the matte shades I have and it is such a comfortable, nourishing matte formulation. It doesn’t feel like a matte at all.
Lipstick lovers are in for a serious treat! The Makeup Forever New Artist Rouge Lipstick line up goes online HERE in the US on 22nd July 2016 (potentially with US shipping). The UK launch is set for late August/early September 2016 HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.