*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
For Viva Glam 2017, MAC have teamed up with actress, author and singer Taraji P Henson. It’s a gorgeous bright fuchsia and I have it here to show you. Check out my swatches of the MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson Lipstick. Find it here
The MAC AIDS Fund is the philanthropic arm of the brand and it launched in 1994. It supports organisations in more than 96 countries and territories that are working to combat the AIDS and HIV epidemic and improve the lives of people living with and affected by disease. It is funded by the sale of Viva Glam lipstick and lipglass and new versions are launched periodically to allows consumers to help raise money for the charity.
In the UK, the full RRP less VAT of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass goes to help fight HIV/AIDS. To date, the Campaign has raised more than $440 million. It’s an incredible thing.
What can purchasing one M·AC Viva Glam lipstick provide?
I thought this snippet from the latest press release was really interesting. One lipstick sale can provide:
- 1 rapid oral HIV test 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- 1 resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organisation with a new job interview outfit
- 1 week of fresh fruit, vegetables and grocery essentials to a mother and child affected by HIV
- 2 nights in a clean, safe place for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- 10 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- 14 HIV tests for pregnant mothers
- 32 safer sex kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- 200 new syringes, which are given to injection drug users in exchange for used needles to prevent HIV infection
- 254 condoms to prevent transmission of HIV
All from the sale of one lipstick. It’s amazing isn’t it?
MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson Lipstick Swatch
So MAC describe this as a matte finish with pearl, but I don’t think it is matte matte. For me it’s has a soft satin-matte finish, and I like it a lot.
There’s also a gorgeous matching MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson Lipglass. The collection is online here
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.