*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
A couple of weeks ago I went to visit the MAC counter in the Harrods Fashion Lab to be introduced to the limited edition MAC Smoky Metallic Times Nine Palette which is a little beauty. I have a close up look at it here with lots of photos and swatches for you. Enjoy!
MAC Smoky Metallic Times Nine Palette Features
- Limited edition Eyes X 9 palette
- Created exclusively in honour of Eid
- Colour-coordinated smoky metallic hues
- Range of textures from matte to satin to frost
- Sleek, pocket-sized compact
MAC Smoky Metallic Times Nine Palette Swatches
I absolutely adore the shades in this palette – beautiful pinks, taupes, bronzes and burnished metals, all the shades I love.
- Simple Sensation – pinky mid-tone nude (matte)
- Give Me Fire – taupe pinky neutral (lustre)
- Black Factor – deep muted brown-black (matte)
- Filament – platinum silver (lustre)
- Spice Bar – light greyish taupe (satin)
- Carbon – intense black (matte)
- By The Silver Moon – frosty neutralised green (veluxe pearl)
- Richy-Rich – goldish dirty bronze (lustre)
- Petrol – mid-tone charcoal (satin)
It’s such a wearable, easy to use palette and the shades work so well together. You can use single shades over the lid for a quick look (I love Give Me Fire and Richy-Rich for this) or work up a whole range of different looks. The matte black Carbon doubles as a liner and to really smoke things up (although I am not a huge fan of its slightly chalky formulation) so it’s a brilliant palette to travel with – especially as it’s so compact and sleek.
The MAC Smoky Metallic Times Nine Palette is £25 – MAC have reduced the price of their 9 palettes by £5 to make them more competitive. Find it here and in the Harrods Fashion Lab. I will be playing with it on snapchat so make sure you add me.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.