*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
There’s more liquid lipstick coming to the UK soon from MAC and this new one is all about holographic shine. Check out the brand new MAC Grand Illusion Glossy Liquid Lipcolour. I have photos and swatches of Electric Rainbow and Pearly Girl for you.
It seems that after a lot of matte finishes, high shine is back. As I said, this new MAC launch has been positioned as holographic but I know that this is a sensitive issue in the beauty world! I have to say, from the shades I have seen, they are probably more metallic, or duo-chrome, than holographic, but they are still pretty gorgeous.
MAC Grand Illusion Glossy Liquid Lipcolour Features
- High impact colour
- Futuristic sheen finish
- Lip gloss formula packed with iridescent pearls
- Smooth, glossy texture
- Balmy, conditioning feel
- Minty feel & flavour
- 14 shades
MAC Grand Illusion Shades
- Lunar Module – pale blue iridescent pearl
- Electric Rainbow – opalescent pink and multi gold pearl
- Twinkle Twink – coral with gold pearl
- Broken Halo – silver with multi-colour iridescence
- Peace, Love, Unity, Respect – green with iridescent pearl
- Pink Trip – bright pink with blue iridescence
- Florescence – electric yellow with pink iridescence
- Sensory Overload – blackened deep purple with shimmering iridescence
- Space Bubble – blackberry red with red iridescence
- Let’s Rock – coppered orange with green and yellow iridescence
- Pearly Girl – cool pink with red and gold iridescence
- Gilded Age – illuminescent bronze gold
- Queen’s Violet – royal purple with blue and pink iridescence
- Rave Bunny – bubblegum pink with electric blue iridescence
MAC Grand Illusion Swatches
I have a couple of the shades to show and I really like them. They are Electric Rainbow and Pearly Girl:
They feel really nice on the lips and not at all sticky which is what I was expecting when I first looked at them. They actually feel very balm-like and nourishing which is quite a bonus in this chilly weather, as my lips have been suffering a little.
I think Electric Rainbow is really interesting with its pinky, gold tones and it definitely switches between pinky coral and yellow gold, so it could be described as holographic.
Pearly Girl is less holographic but still super shiny. It’s a lovely cool pink with red sparkle which gives it great dimension. It applies less evenly than Electric Rainbow but looks smoother than the picture in real life.
I love that the texture is really smooth and creamy and not ‘bitty’ at all. The formula is gorgeously fresh and softly minty which is very different for MAC lip products, which usually have the same sweet vanilla scent.
MAC Grand Illusion Glossy Liquid Lipcolour is £18 and available HERE now.
Find the Facebook page here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.