*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Last week I went to the re-launch of the new L’Oreal Elvive Colour Protect and Fibrology haircare ranges.
I’ve used and loved both ranges for quite some time and was intrigued to find out how they could improve on ranges that I thought were already really good. But improve on them they have, in a really exciting way.
L’Oreal Elvive Colour Protect:
If, like me, you regularly colour your hair, you will also know how important it is to look after your hair after a colour treatment. Not only that, but you’ll know how quickly your vibrant, rich new colour can start to fade. L’Oreal Elvive’s new Colour Protect formula is enriched with Linseed Elixir, which envelopes the hair cuticle and stops your hair colourant from leaking out, and therefore helps to stop fading.
There are also UVA and UVB filters in the new formula to protect coloured hair from sun damage.
The whole range is intensely nourishing to maintain the shine and radiance of hair.
The range consists of:
- Colour Protect shampoo
- Colour Protect conditioner
- Colour Protect Low shampoo – no foam, no sulphate low shampoo for the most delicate of hair and colours
- Day Cream – this is a hair cream which can be used on dry or wet hair, before styling. Every time you use this leave in Day Cream, you will be intensely nourishing and protecting hair. The Day Cream has Linseed Elixr and UV filters built in, as well as being a heat protectant.
The scent of this whole range is a lovely, subtle floral and fresh smell. I particularly enjoyed using the Day Cream, which is really rich and creamy and helped to alleviate my frizz.
L’Oreal Elvive Fibrology Air:
If you have fine, flat hair or want to lift limp hair – this is the range for you.
L’Oreal Elvive Fibrology Air is a newly formulated clear gel which delivers 48hr anti-flat roots. The clear gel formula doesn’t leave product build up behind, which can weigh hair down. By using Fibrology Air your hair will feel fresher, weightless and roots will be lifted.
This new range has Filloxane, which penetrates each hair strand, giving fine hair more body and thickness, leaving hair feeling nourished, smoother and softer.
The range consists of:
- Volumising Thickening shampoo
- Volumising Thickening conditioner
- Root-Lifting Dry Shampoo – this dry shampoo not only refreshes hair in between washes by capturing excess oils, it also lifts roots. I use this by lifting sections of my hair and spraying lightly and finely at the roots. This dry shampoo smells gorgeous, as do the shampoo and conditioner and gave a real boost to my hair, especially when I use it half way through the day to freshen up my hair and add some volume back in. The dry shampoo comes in an invisible finish, which is great for darker hair colours (so no tell-tale white dry shampoo residue left behind!).
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.