*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Effaclar Duo is the top selling expert skincare solution and has become a hero product for anyone in the know that suffers with spots and the symptoms of acne. It works to clear blemishes and fade the marks caused by spots, and now has been improved even further for 2018 to actually prevent future breakouts. Here’s the low down on the La Roche Posay NEW Effaclar Duo +. Your favourite formula just got better.
After intensive research from La Roche Posay into the skin’s microbiome (the community of billions of bacteria and other microbes that live on the skin), a new, more advanced Effaclar Duo (+) has been developed. The new formula, which recognises the importance of bacteria for skin, now utilises a bacteria-balancing active that controls the skin’s microbiome.
La Roche Posay scientists have discovered that sufferers of acne have abnormally high levels of a naturally occurring bacteria called Staphylococcus. This has been found to cause inflammation of the skin’s barrier which then leads to acne.
In response to this, the new Effaclar Duo (+) formula contains new ingredients that work to re-balance skin bacteria, reduce inflammation and thus vulnerability to acne. This means that not only does it work to reduce spots but now also helps prevent future breakouts, even hormonal ones.
La Roche Posay NEW Effaclar Duo + Formula
- Now uses Aqua Posae Filiformis (APF) prebiotic cultured in La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
- Helps to police the skin’s bacteria and promote a balanced microbiome
- Also now includes Mannose, a naturally occurring sugar which boost the performance of Aqua Posae Filiformis
- Regulates Staphylococcus production
- Stimulate skin’s natural immunity
- Reduce inflammation levels within the skin faster
- Piroctone Olamine combats proliferation of (P. Acnes) bacteria
The new formula still includes:
- Niacinamide to soothe and reduce inflammation
- LHA and Salicylic Acid to gentry micro-exfoliate and clear pores
- Zinc PCA reduces sebum secretion
- Procerad corrects and prevents marks left over by spots
The new formula promises to reduce inflammation and redness after 12 hours, reduce the size and appearance of spots and blemishes by 52% after 4 weeks, and also prevent the reoccurrence of acne in the long term. Brilliant.
Effaclar Duo has been a life changing product for acne sufferers since it first launched and I love that La Roche Posay are continually working to make it a more and more effective solution for the condition.
You can order the La Roche Posay NEW Effaclar Duo + HERE now for £16 with free shipping and three complimentary samples. Not bad.
Find the Facebook page here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.