*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have good news! The Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette is back and I have it here! Check out my photos and swatches with everything you need to know.
So this palette actually first launched in the 2017 Holiday collection and somehow I missed it!! But it’s back and it makes me really happy that I can now add it to my Ambient collection!
What is Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette?
This palette is all about giving the skin an amplified highlight with a smooth, velvety texture.
- Bring-back limited edition for summer 2020
- Formulated in a sheer base
- Concentrated ultra-fine micro pearl particles in varying sizes and refraction levels for the most reflective flash of light
- Formula uses Photoluminescent Technology to intensify the way light reflects on the skin
- Velvety texture ensures a smooth application as it glides across the skin
- Can be used wet or dry for varying levels of intensity
- Vegan and cruelty free
Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette Swatches
The shades are:
- ABSOLUTE STROBE LIGHT – soft pink metallic pearl powder for a captivating highlight
- PURE STROBE LIGHT – pale gold metallic pearl powder for an exquisite highlight
- LUCENT STROBE LIGHT – rose gold metallic pearl powder for a magnetic highlight
Here are the swatches:
You can use the shades alone, mix them or place all three shades in different areas of the face. Here’s a photos with Absolute on the apples, Pure right on top of the cheekbones and Lucent over the biggest part of the cheeks where I have put my bronzer.
This is such a beautiful formula. It is smooth, soft and velvety yet still delivers the most flattering shine to the skin. The texture picks up on a brush really easily – I used the Hourglass Veil Powder Brush* and the application is effortless. The glow is instant and also very easy to build so you can opt for more intensity if you so desire. It is super sophisticated and doesn’t emphasise skin texture.
This is the same formula of Ambient Strobe that featured in this palette when it launched as a Holiday special edition. I missed that, however, I have tried the formula before and I feel like it has been improved. In my opinion, the smoothness and payoff is much enhanced. I’d be interested to see what others think.
Where to buy it
The palette is £61 and available at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.