*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you are looking for an easy yet effective cleanse, or want a second cleanse that also treats the skin, then check this out. Here’s the low down on the Fresh Kombucha Cleansing Treatment with Prebiotic Inulin.
So this is a little like a micellar water, in that it cleanses the skin, but this has something extra as there’s a whole treatment element to it. The big focus is on the skin’s microbiota and feeding and preserving that using Prebiotic Inulin. The microbiota is the skin’s natural defense system and looking after it pays you back no end!
20% OFF FRESH & SWEATY BETTY
What is Fresh Kombucha Cleansing Treatment?
- A cleanser and treatment in one
- Removes pollutants, impurities, sunscreen, and makeup—including mascara
- Also treats the skin with prebiotic inulin for ultimate clarity and balance
- Includes antioxidant kombucha for extra environmental defence
- Formula aims to improve clarity, refine the look of pores, and smooth skin texture
- Scientifically proven to keep skin’s unique microbiota balanced for 24 hours and maintain skin’s pH
- Scientifically proven to remove pollution
- Clinically proven to refine the look of pores by -12% & smooth texture by 13% after 4 weeks (clinical assessment on 29 subjects during 4 weeks)
- No rinse needed
- Ophthalmologist tested: safe for contact lens wearers
- Prebiotic inulin – plant-based extract derived from chicory roots to feed the microbiata
- Kombucha – fermented black tea, helps to smooth, increase luminosity, protect against pollution and free radicals.
- Hyaluronic acid – maintains moisture for supple skin
- Soap berry peel extract – contains a high concentration of saponins, natural cleansing agents produced by plants, to gently cleanse the skin of dirt and impurities
How to use Fresh Kombucha Cleansing Treatment
This Fresh Kombucha Cleansing Treatment is a no rinse formula because it is best to leave the treatment on the skin. So, if you’re a double cleanser like me, you want to make sure you use it second so that you allow the Prebiotic Inulin to remain on the skin. This is key for the treatment element of the product.
When using it, you simply saturate a cotton pad and sweep over face and eyes and repeat until the cotton pad comes away clean. For mascara and eye makeup, just hold the pad over the eyes for a few seconds before wiping.
In terms of regime, you can use your essence or serum next, depending on how many steps you have in your routine. If you’re a fan of Fresh’s Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence*, this will be your next step to build in even more hydration and antioxidant protection.
The is a super gentle cleanser and so pleasant to use. I love it as a quick morning cleanse and it’s also ideal after cleansing balm in the evening after taking off a face of makeup. Check out my favourite products in Best Skincare for 2021.
It leaves my skin feeling calm and hydrated, and very clean but not in a tight way. It sets my skin up nicely for the rest of my products and my serums sink in really nicely straight after.
I think this is perfect if you’re currently using a micellar water for a quick cleanse in the morning, as this will do a similar job but will be more effective on removing pollution, and will also give you so much more in terms of protecting and feeding the skin’s flora and mircorganisms, that it needs to function optimally.
Where to buy it
The Fresh Kombucha Cleansing Treatment is
- Fresh Beauty* – for launch they are offering 20% off with Code 20REALLYREE & you can also get 20% off Sweaty Betty* using the same code (ends 11th Feb 2021)
- Space NK*
- Cult Beauty*
- John Lewis*
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.