*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I am a recent convert to sheet masks and my new found love for them is because they are convenient and fuss-free (I can’t be the only one who dreads washing masks off). However, I have found that typically sheet masks are aimed at those with dry, dehydrated skin as they are jam packed with hydration and serumy goodness. As a combo type I do like a hydrating mask every now and then, but as my main skin concerns are blackheads, pores and an oily t-zone I tend to need something that has either charcoal or mud in it to help detox and clarify.
So when the lovely people at Skin Republic sent over their Skin Republic Bubble Purifying + Charcoal Mask to try I thought this would be the answer to my lazy girl dreams.
The mask promises to:
- Refine pores and detoxify
- Exfoliate and brighten using fruit acids
- Remove impurities with the oxygenating foam.
Skin Republic Bubble Purifying + Charcoal mask is also dermatologically tested, scientifically formulated and not tested on animals.
Down to Business, directions:
- Cleanse skin.
- Rub the sachet between fingers to activate bubbles.
- Unfold mask and position on to face.
- The mask will begin to foam.
- Wear for 15-20mins.
- Remove mask and massage excess bubbles into skin.
- Rinse off with water.
Sounds simple – but between the mask and some minor operator errors the experience did not go as one had hoped.
- Don’t over rub in the packet before you remove from sachet, the mask can end up a little dishevelled
- Don’t think you can walk around doing your usual business as the mask slips off.
- Talking is a no go – I accidentally got foam in my mouth.
- Due to the foam in mouth, mask slipping and for fear of it going in my eye, I could only do 15 mins.
- As I rinsed my face, I wondered the purpose in rubbing the excess into my skin.
- It should be quick, fuss and mess free.
- A lazy girl’s dream.
- Skin did appear clearer the next morning although there were no immediate results.
I so wanted to love the Skin Republic Bubble Purifying + Charcoal Mask but I don’t think it was quite for me. As I mentioned I’m lazy, but also super busy, so really this should have ticked all the boxes for me. Alas, it was more of a faff than a fave.
You can find the Skin Republic Bubble Purifying + Charcoal Mask here
Read more of Tasmin’s articles for ReallyRee here
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.