*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Eye makeup can be tricky, especially the smoky eye, but Estee Lauder are making it all very easy for us. Soon to launch are the brand new Estee Lauder Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Sticks which are basically powder eye shadow in a stick. Clever! Here’s the lowdown with 6 of she shades swatched for you.
Estee Lauder Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Stick Features
- Pencil that acts like a pressed powder
- Apply straight from the stick and blend
- Buildable from sheer to full coverage
- Finishes in matte, satin and shimmer
- Can be layered with traditional eye shadow
- 8 shades
Estee Lauder Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Stick Shades
- Burnt Black – sultry black with a matte finish
- Indigo Smoke – deep navy blue with a satin finish
- Cool Ash – smoky grey with gold flecks and a shimmer finish
- Slow Burn – shimmery bronze with a shimmer finish
- Sea Smoke – muted aqua with a shimmer finish
- Scorched Gold – light-toned gold with a shimmer finish
- Pink Charcoal – rosy mauve with a shimmer finish
- Charred Plum – plum with a hint of brown and a satin finish
Estee Lauder Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Stick Swatches
From left to right, Burnt Black, Indigo Smoke, Slow Burn:
From left to right, Scorched Gold, Pink Charcoal, Charred Plum:
Here they are blended out with my finger, from left to right, Burnt Black, Indigo Smoke, Slow Burn, Scorched Gold, Pink Charcoal, Charred Plum:
They are really easy to work with – draw on, smudge, done. If you like a quick smoky eye, things don’t get any easier than this.
Personally, I tend not to wear a smoky eye that often, as I sometimes can find it ageing, but these are perfect for along the lower lashline, and also I think the pink and plum shades look really fresh. Also Scorched Gold is perfect to sweep over the lid for a neutral wash of colour if you are going for a statement lip.
Estee Lauder Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Sticks launch at estee lauder online on 6th July 2015 and then go nationwide from August 2015. Find Estee Lauder at retailers including Boots, John Lewis, Selfridges and House of Fraser. They are £18 each.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.