*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
So! Aside from the fact that Elizabeth Arden really need to get practising on their punchy product names, this new lipstick launch is really very lovely. This is all about ‘matte meets moisture’. Say hello to …deep breath…the Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick Mattes!
I really like the Arden lipstick packaging. It has the classic red door emblem and I love the mix of metals – chic and showstopping.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick Matte Formula
So we are looking at a densely pigmented velvet matte formula with lots of moisturising technology and ingredients:
- Flexible Satin-Pigments – matte, pure pigments encapsulated in an emollient protective film for a non-drying suede-like finish.
- 12 hour wear – fade-resist complex to keep colour true.
- Maxi-lip – boosts lips with a 60% increase in moisturisation.
- Smoothing Butter Complex – natural Mango, Shea & Murumuru butters nourish, condition and soothe.
- Antioxidant protection from Argan Oil and Vitamin E.
It feels smooth and nourishing on the lips, with a creamy, flexible finish that is super comfortable to wear. I haven’t tested the 12 hour wear because I used the Nude shade in the evening and then went straight for dinner and drinks. It held up pretty well but it’s much harder to asses with a nude shade. I’d imagine the more pigmented colours would last longer.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick Matte Shades
- Bold Red – true, hot, red.
- Coral Crush – clean, bright coral.
- Nude – yellow-based neutral.
- Raspberry – vivid fuchsia.
- Rose Petal – soft mauve-pink.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick Matte Swatches
From left to right Bold Red, Coral Crush, Nude, Rose Petal and Raspberry:
I love this concise collection of shades and I really think the formula is spot on. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick Mattes are out now for £21. Find them HERE at Debenhams and HERE at Boots – there’s a 3 for 2 on selected Elizabeth Arden products right now.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.