*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I was recently introduced to a new bio-designed skincare range created by biochemist Nausheen Qureshi. I have been loving the Elequra Pure Balancing Cleanser which purifies and brightens my skin so effectively. Here’s the low down.
First of all, I should probably talk about this concept of ‘bio-designed’ skincare. What does it mean?
What is bio-designed skincare?
Basically, the ‘bio’ in bio-designed means that the ingredients used in the skincare come from a natural source. In this case Elequra uses a selection of the best botanicals, which are extracted and transformed into bio-available active ingredients and formulated to ensure maximum skin benefit using advanced sicentific processes. These processes are where the ‘design’ comes in. It is a combination of the best of nature, the best of technology.
Elequra Pure Balancing Cleanser Review
There is a full range of products in the collection but I wanted to try the cleanser first because I am a firm believer that cleansing is the most important step to get right. This is a gorgeous cleanser that uses fruit acids to gently exfoliate and leaves my skin super smooth, clean and glowing.
It gently foams and uses coconut salt, in place of skin-stripping sulphates, to do this. You will experience a gorgeous silky formula that gently, yet deeply, cleans the skin. It contains anti-oxidant Green Tea to protect the skin, Vitamin C to brighten and also has hydrating properties thanks to its bio-designed tamarind seed extract within the formula.
- Rose Water base to soothe the skin
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and Cocoamidopropyl Betaine – gentle surfactants that work together to create micelles that gently encapsulate and transport dirt and bacteria away from the skin when used with water
- Tamarind Seed Extract: bio-designed and a powerful hydrating ingredient
- Stable Vitamin C: a brightening ingredient that reduces the appearance of blemishes, evens the skin tone and helps to increase skin’s firmness
- Panthenol: pro-vitamin B5, a water-attracting, penetrative ingredient that helps the skin layers retain moisture thereby helping reduce inflammation
- Fruit Acids: gently exfoliates the skin to refresh the complexion, helps skin feels firmer and smoother
- Hydrolysed silk: made from the amino acids serine, alanine and glycine this imparts a silk-like soft texture to the skin
- Green Tea Extract: a polyphenol that is a natural antioxidant
- Baobab Extract: a brilliant natural antioxidant high in vitamin A, containing vital minerals magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium
- Glycerin: a beautifully textured hydrating ingredient
As you can see, this cleanser is packed with additional skincare and actives, to ensure that it does so much more than purely cleanse the skin. I loved it from the first use, and the neat bottle makes it perfect to travel with.
Where to Buy It
The Elequra Pure Balancing Cleanser is really well priced at £39 for 125ml. You can buy it on the Elequra website.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.