*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The British summertime is in full flow which means I literally won’t be stepping outside the house without a good SPF sun protection product on my face! This is what you need to know about the new Elemis Daily Defence Shield SPF 30 which offers protection against pollution as well as UV.
Gone are the days of heavy, thick sun protection products and now there are some extremely sophisticated formulas that offer intense protection and skincare in a super light fluid texture. Elemis’ new addition fits right into this category.
Interestingly, this isn’t just about UV and pollution. This formula has also been formulated to protect us from the blue light emitted from our phones. Apparently, we look at them 157 times a day!!!
Elemis Daily Defence Shield SPF 30 Features
- Offers broad protection against UV, pollution & high energy visible light
- Uses Elemis’ Enviro-Ageing Complex
- Weightless, fragrance free formula
- Non-greasy texture
- Nourishes and boosts hydration
- Makes a great base for makeup
- Polysaccharide Matrix physically shields against pollution
- Phyto-Melanin protects against blue light from technology
- Carnosine and Argania Leaf minimise UV damage, protects from oxidative stress & strengthens skin barrier function
- Coconut and Jojoba provide light nourishment and moisture
The texture is really gorgeous. It’s impossible to detect that there’s a high SPF in the formula and it sinks into the skin beautifully, perfectly priming it for makeup. It comes in a super sleek tube that’s easy to carry around, so you can top up when you wish. You could squeeze some into the palm, rub between the hands and press over the complexion during the day. I’d then just top up with a little concealer and powder to be all good to go.
Also, it’s really kind to eyes and I didn’t experience any sensitivity in that area.
The Elemis Daily Defence Shield SPF 30 is £46 and available HERE now.
Find the Facebook page here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.