*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I am a huge fan of Drunk Elephant cleansers, so this new launch is super exciting! Here’s the lowdown on the brand new Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water.
Update 1st July 2020
I absolutely love DE’s balm cleanser, the Slaii Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser, and I also really like the jelly cleanser as a second cleanse or morning cleanse. They also have some cleasning bars, and I guess the only thing missing from their cleansing portfolio was a micellar water. Well that has now been addressed.
What is Drunk Elephant E-Rase?
The strap line for this product is, Remove + Refresh.
- Ceramide-rich Micellar Water
- Formulated to thoroughly & gently remove makeup, dirt, pollution, and bacteria
- For use on the face and eyes
- Won’t sensitise, irritate or strip the skin’s acid mantle
- Uses a unique combination of moisturising ceramides, plant oils, & vitamin E
- Formulated with ultra-mild micelles to lift away makeup and dirt
- Vitamin E, replenishing fatty acids and antioxidant-rich, nonfragrant plant oils (marula, baobab, mongongo, wild melon seed, ximenia seed, passionfruit, and sweet almond) nourish the skin
- Skin is cleansed while the barrier is supported
- Gentle enough to be used all over the face including the eyes
- Designed to be used before, after, or in place of your nighttime cleanse
- Formulated at a pH of 5.0 to ensure skin is acidic enough to protect good bacteria
- Free from essential oils, silicones, sulfates, frgagrance and PEGs
How to Use it
DE suggest that that you gently smooth over the face, eyes, and lips with a soft cotton pad, holding for a few seconds on heavily made-up areas. Avoid scrubbing, tugging or rubbing. Can also be used anytime in between facial cleansing. Shake before use.
I have to say, this is not a classic micellar. The texture reminds me more of a serum, or a thick essence type product and the way it feels on the skin seems like more of a hydration treatment than a cleanser.
I have used this to remove makeup a couple of times before I go in and do proper cleanse, but you do need quite a lot of product to remove heavy makeup. So that’s not my preferred way to use it.
I really like the texture. It is like a watery milk that melts into a clear water solution. It feels super gentle and hydrating.
My favourite way to use this is when I want a quick morning cleanse. I love the way it sits on the cotton pad, rather than sinking into it.
It makes skin feel so fresh and clean, and super smooth and plump. I like to do it straight out of bed before I do my workout as it’s so refreshing and wakes up my face.
It actually makes a lovely second cleanse because it’s very soothing and hydrating. Before I tried it I was completely expecting it to be the cleanse number one! I have to confess, it won’t become an essential part of my routine, but it is really pleasant to use.
Where to buy Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water
E-Rase is available NOW at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.