*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
After a whole host of super successful facial skincare products, Dr Sam Bunting has moved on to the body category and I couldn’t be more pleased. 2020 has been the year that I have really appreciated the importance of good skincare for the body and I have been loving this new launch. Here’s the lowdown on Dr Sam’s Flawless Body Therapy.
There are certain things that I have noticed about the skin on my body as a result of lockdown. It made me realise that it hasn’t always gotten the attention it deserves. Initially, the fact that I was moving around less and sitting down more resulted in much drier skin that required more attention than previously.
I have been moisturising head to toe daily ever since I was pregnant with my son back in 2002. However, I haven’t always been very selective about what products I use. As I’ve got older, I’ve really come to appreciate the value of using good quality skincare with active ingredients on your body, especially when it comes to firming.
What is Dr Sam’s Flawless Body Therapy?
- Designed to tackle the visible signs of premature ageing
- Brightens, firms and smooths
- Intensely rehydrates dull, neglected skin
- Especially good at reviving dry, rough patches on elbows, knees and feet
- Absorbs rapidly without stickiness
- Uses a blend of Bakuchiol, Niacinamide, Lactic Acid, Shea & Squalane
- 0.5% Bakuchiol – plant extract that works like a retinoid to brighten, firm and clear pores without sun sensitivity or irritation
- 5% Niacinamide – brightens and clears pores while supporting the skin barrier
- 4.35% Lactic Acid – gentle smoothing exfoliation plus hydration
- 15% Shea Butter – provides nourishment, antioxidants and fatty acids for hydration
- 3% Squalane – antioxidants and fatty acids for further hydration
As you can see, it’s packed with ingredients we usually put on our faces – all the stuff I want for the skin on my body too!
My Review of Dr Sam’s Flawless Body Therapy
First of all, the texture of this body cream is delicious. It is super smooth and creamy and has a rich feel, without it being too hard to rub in. There’s a lovely buttery quality, thanks to a decent helping of Shea, which is instantly skin soothing and smoothing.
As a serial fake tanner, my skin tends to dry out, and so I have really been appreciating the Lactic Acid in this formula which helps to smooth away dead skin cells and flakiness, whilst boosting hydration.
Since I have been exercising much more frequently than pre-lockdown, I’ve been suffering with some blocked pores in my cleavage where sweat builds up (big boob problems!). I have found this is clearing up nicely and has really benefited from the formula’s blend of Bakuchiol and Niacinamide. Excellent.
I have been using it once daily, after showering, although for ultimate benefit twice daily is recommended. If you are looking for firming, which this formula should deliver, I’d suggest twice daily targeted application on areas of concern.
Where to buy it
The Dr Sam’s Flawless Body Therapy is £29 and available at Dr Sam Bunting.com*
Please let me know if for you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.