*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
In 2011 Johnny and Pauline Paterson came up with the idea to launch the UK’s first pawpaw balm. It was formulated and launched to great success in November 2013.
Designed to be used on lips, skin, hair, cuticles and nails as well as hands, heels and elbows. It’s two main ingredients are:
- Carica papaya (PawPaw) – Containing Vitamin C & B as well as other antioxidants and minerals. This adds moisture, aids skin repair and has anti- inflammatory properties.
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice – This has an amazing ability to absorb and restore moisture. 200 different plant constituents help minimise the appearance of pores, cleanses and tones skin, aids cell regeneration and restores moisture to skin, hair and lips.
Made in the UK this range has always been cruelty free, but this has recently become official as the whole Dr PAWPAWrange has just been awarded it’s PETA badge for being cruelty free and vegan too.
The PETA badge applies to all of the five core products in the range and a new limited edition. These are:
- Original Balm 25ml – this is the original multi purpose pawpaw balm.
- Tinted Peach Balm 25ml – ideal for a more cosmetic appearance
- Tinted Ultimate Red Balm 25ml – a just bitten look is easy to achieve
- Original Balm supersize (200ml) – a supersize for the whole family
- It Does it All 7in1 – a hair treatment and styling product
- Limited Edition Red sparkle – same as the Ultimate Red balm but with added glitter!
The original balm is where I started with the range. I have dry lips and skin since being ill at the beginning of the year and despite using cuticle oil religiously my cuticles look like I work on a building site! So the idea of one product to treat all of these issues sounded ideal. The fact that it comes in an easily carried tube that won’t leak in a bag or pocket is perfect for taking on the go, it even helps with insect bites and minor abrasions. I’ve been using Dr PAWPAW for about a week now and it’s rapidly become a handbag staple. I will be purchasing my next tube soon as I couldn’t imagine being without this little tube of wonder any more!
You can find Dr PAWPAW to order online in all its formulations here
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.